Greece - Crete Discussion Forums

Discussions regarding holidays in Crete.
Hi there
star beach caters for families during the day - think the foam parties etc are in the night - never went so can,t say for certain. Went there a few years ago when the kids were 8/ 5 and they loved it. Loads of lovely shallow pools with gentle water sprays , climbing frames etc as well as stuff for older kids . lazy river and hammocks for me . had a couple of visits there and would recommend
lally :D
hi
stayed in the sun and sea appts last year next door to star beach but never went into the water park, seemed a very busy place in august and heard some good reports about it from fellow guests in our appts, instead we went to water city in the mountains, that was briliant. hersonissos is a fantastic place for families, not just your 18/30 crowd, lots of families there, we have a 15 year old daughter and walked into the town every evening to eat, never ever felt imtimidated even when it was very late, was just a fun place.. you have to remember its also a busy place too, and during the peak season its crowded and the traffics chaotic, be careful crossing the road from the belvedere, watch out for the idiots on quad bikes etc, it really can be a death trap, there is an underpass but it looked grotty and dirty, good supermarket at the entrance to belvedere too !! a lot of tour trips leave from the entrance.as for us we are off to stalis in august but will certainly be calling into hersonissos for the shops and to savour the atmosphere, have a good holiday, you will enjoy!!
the transport from hotel to beach is sponsered by starbeach

try the following

http://www.starbeach.gr

ian
forgot to mention is you wish to chill out go past starbeach to meltemi beach, lots of sand and they bring the drinks and food to you
Barney, as far as I can make out, admittance to Star Beach is free if you are staying at the Belvedere complex.

Going in August with the tribe. Hopefully I' be able to leave them all there and get the "Happy Train" into Stalis.
Entrance to Starbeach is free to everyone, you pay to use the facilities. This includes the paragliding, banana, bungee jumping, water slides etc. There are several bars onsite.
Many thanks for all your replies about Hersoniossis and Star beach. It certainly sound as Star beach is a nice place for families. We are looking to stay at the Royal Belvedere, which also has nice reviews, so hopefully it will be a good family holiday. Fingers crossed!
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.