Malta and Gozo Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Malta and Gozo.
Students Again
31 Posts
:roll: I can understand your jubilation over the demise of these unruly students but i hope the authorities concerned were informed of the actions of this hotel, These students are taken on the understanding that they are looked after with bed breakfast and evening meals and are paid for usually in advance by the school they attend via their parents fees in the case of a lot of them, If these students were under a certain age this would be a gross misconduct by the hotel management unless they were reported via the proper channels and relocated. I do believe the only answer is to locate them to host families where a bit more respect would ensue and more control on the actions of their spare time.
vee dee,

Yep I do agree with protecting these students and ensuring that they are accommodated otherwise, knowing that they are young and in a 'foreign' Country. I'm sure that knowing how Maltese folks regard their youngsters that they would be offended if it was suggested that they would not look after these students properly as they would their own!!!

I feel certain that the Coastline management would have made certain that even though they 'kicked' them out they would have been otherwise accommodated elsewhere. I will make a point of asking the staff about this next time I'm in the Coastline,

Trev
Vee Dee, the students in question were (or appeared to be) all well over 18, more like 20/21; they had an older bloke with them who was a sort of "group leader", and with whom the hotel were liaising. Unfortunately, since I do not speak Italian, and his English was very poor (perhaps conveniently?) I have no idea what his proper role was in all this.
Like Trev, I am sure that Island Hotels did all they were required to do in law, 'cos they're that kind of company. I do, however, admit to scant sympathy for the students - I know my daughter would get short shrift from me were she to be "disciplined" in such a manner! Then again, she has been taught respect for others :wink:
doonhamer32,

Don't want to milk this any more but we have a 16 year old son Rhys who's working hard at College on his A level courses, and if he'd been disciplined and we heard about it, he'd also get short shrift from us. :tut

As it is he's not that kind of person and like you with your daughter we think we've brought him up properly to respect others. I reckon us decent parents ought to get together and write a book (which would need translating into several European languages by the sound of it!) - on proper parenting! :lol:

Trev
Well said Trev. Doon. you truly are remarkable parents as am I and mine are too but this would be some special book to write, how would you deal with anyones logic mine and yours included after a good night out on the beer/ lager, etc. or even in some cases drugs. You must agree we all did it despite our good upbringing. :lol:
Not me, a drop has hardly ever passed by innocent lips :zip
:roll: of course there are some exceptions to the rule. :wink:
Sliema2,

"a drop has hardly ever passed by innocent lips"

What about your guilty! lips : :smokin
:lol: A quiet thread springs to mind :lol:
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.