General Holiday Enquiries, Hints and Tips

General Holiday Enquiries? Got General Hints & Tips? Post Them Here.
were you thinking Long haul or somewhere short ish like the Canary Islands?

do you want a new destination or an "old faithful"

do you like quiet relaxing holidays or do you want banging night life?

So many things.....

So: Long Haul - Thailand, Goa, (assuming you dont want to travel west 2 years in a row)
Shortish - any of the Canary Islands can be further tailored to suit your needs, Egypt, Turkey

give us a clue..... :D
Michelle - As Val says, in order for us to help you more, a little bit more info is needed. Where can you fly from, what do you want from a holiday - beach, pool, sightseing e.t.c.? What board, SC, HB or AI?
Im not bothered where I go really. This trip to Mexico is my first long haul and first time all inclusive.
I ususally go for a week to either spain or the canaries in around May and have two weeks in September and for the last 3 years have been going to Portugal. Ive been to most of the greek islands and been to turkey a number of times but just want something different.
Sorry, I forgot to mention the flights would be ideal from Leeds & Bradford but Manchester at a push.
Ok, so if we plan for you liking your first long haul and your first AI..from Leeds/Bradford or Manchester..

right, I think you are going to have more options for long haul flights from Manchester..better destinations so to speak.

Thailand or Goa immediately spring to mind..as does Cuba.

Flying from Leeds Bradford is not something I have ever done before but I am certain that destinations such as Cyprus etc will be covered.

What about Cape Verde? or Egypt? ( I think I would like to try Cape verde myself)

Both Leeds and Manchester will fly to Egypt.
Showing my ignorance here, where is Cape Verde. Ive never thought of Goa for a holiday so that may be looking at. I did fancy Cuba but after speaking to a few people they say that the food isnt very good.
They are off the west coast of Africa around 6 or so hours flying time, have a look on the Thomson site for more info.
If you like long haul Dominican Republic comes to mind, you can get some good prices and has been suggested lovely Cyprus.....Caz
Michelle

Ive been to dom rep and loved it. This was my first and only long haul so far, but not my last!!! got plenty tropical destinations on my list to go to! Would defo return to dom rep though. Also as recommened cyprus, im going for the second time this year for our holiday. the cypriots are loverly people, yummy food and not to long a flight. 4 1/2 ish hours depending on where you fly from. What time of year were you thinking of going-this may influence destination choice. ;)

Lily. x :sun2
Hi Michelle

I see your have been to Spain, or the canaries, Portugal. most of the greek islands, turkey

Have you ever considered Italy as a holiday destination, and thomson and thomas cook both fly from Manchester to a lovely resort called Lido De Jeselo, not far away from Venice

Itailian food is yummmy, and the weather glorious sunshine, and warm
I did fancy Cuba but after speaking to a few people they say that the food isnt very good.

The standard of food in the AI hotels will depend a lot on how much you pay in the first place. Yes, on the whole, nobody goes to Cuba for the food and if fine dining is an essential part of the holiday experience for you, then a Cuban AI will need careful researching before booking but there are LOTS of other excellent reasons for giving Cuba a try. In my experience the food in Cuban non-AI hotels is much better than in the AI ones but I prefer to avoid AI anyway so haven't stayed in that many of them.
I've just come back from Cuba. It was my second visit and I will definitely be returning. We had no complaints about the food whatsoever. Our friends who have been to the Dom Rep a few times and said the food was as good, if not better, and they like good food!

Also have you thought about Jamaica?
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.