Turkey Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Turkey.
Hi,

I'm afraid that there won't be much difference in temperatures between the start and end of August. The whole of the month wil probably be sweltering.
Maybe my logic is all off then! I was thinking that the last week July first week Aug would be hotter than the last 2 weeks in Aug... :rofl My logic is not always spot on...

I'd be interested to what others think. :cheers
Yes I have to agree with Shirley h.The difference in the temperature over July and August is so negligible you wouldn't feel any difference.Perhaps the only difference is that August can be a little more humid-but then again only a little. :tongue It is only once you get into September that you can feel a slight change and then mainly at night.
Yes I agree. My nephew has his own place in Turkey and they stay for the whole of the 6 weeks holiday. No difference in temps im afraid Ruth .

May half term is a better choice if you only want a week. That's when we always used to go before GCSE's took over our lives.
It will be pretty much the same temperature throughout the school holidays.
Mmm... I do prefer end of Aug I think though, don't know why but I do.

Is May not quite nippy? I guess it could be worth considering as apartment costs are slightly cheaper then too. My daughter is 5, so guess I could push to 10 nights if I'm cheeky.

So sweltering August it is in 2011!! :cheers
You might need a light cardi for the evening end May Ruth but day time is the perfect temp. Lovely & Hot but not sweltering . The Turks still think it's cold at that time of year though . A little like the Egyptians when we are laying there sweating buckets on the sunbed in their winter while they walk around in jumpers. :rofl
Why not do both and see what you prefer :D
My better hald and I always go in May, normally the last 2 weeks and the temperature is usually just perfect. About 25/30 during the day and perhaps around 15 at night. As it is just a nice temp you generally do not need air conditioning for your room, which can typically be around £4 per day. In July August you will certainly need air conditioning, temps can be around high 30's to around mid 40's and even as high as 50 some days

Stewart
School half term is usually at the end of the month and it will be lovely and warm then, you probably wont even need a cardi in the evening.

The sea is a lot warmer in Augsut though, it can be a bit chilly in May.
May is such a lovely time to visit Turkey, especially towards the end of the month. It's lovely and warm and I've never needed a cardi at night (I live over there for half the year) but not too hot that you're running for the shade all the time. The sea isn't as warm as the mid-summer months but I have been swimming then, and the pools are pretty okay. We always return to the UK for July and August as it really is just too hot!!

Jak xx
We went in Aug last year. I had no A/C on, I'm not a big fan of it to be honest. I also get paranoid re mozzies coming in through vents too.

I'm actually thinking of booking 2012 for May and Aug. I'm just getting my head around the good old school holiday's and accetpting that the cheap packages for me are no more!! :cry I plan to keep an eye out for these agean flight this year and maybe bag some of those. If not then just 1 hol is enough, but 2's always better... :cheers

Guess I could always give May a whirl for a week and see, no harm in that is there? :tup
I avoid July and wait for August as I always find July is a lot more humid, August hot but the humidy has gone except for the odd day so far more comfortable.

Once the kids have grown up I will be reverting to June or September.

Dave
Last August was incredibly humid. We are now stuck with school holidays for a long time to come. It is so much nicer to be able to go in June or September but it can't be helped.
Yeah, I'm with you there Kedi. Although dear daughter only 5 I'll still be going in school hol's. There are a lot that take their children out though, so is possible.

Now that I'm getting used to lone travel i.e me and my daughter perhaps it's time I went somewhere other than my now comfort zone of Iclemer! We will see how this year goes...
If you miss the Aegean Flights that come out about June, Easyjet come about October. We managed to get them the day they came out for school hols in August and got them for about £200, but for the first time for years they are day flights and from Stansted which is the best airport for us. Have to say same as others August was very, very humid last year.
Hi Alfie.

I was in Turkey when Agean flights came out, came home and looked and they were about £500 for 2 people for school hol's. So I waited for ej and picked up last 2 weeks of school hol's for £400 for the 2 of us. So similar price to you, I booked in October time I think. However, this week i looked at Agean and the flight with them for same time I go with ej has actually come down in price. So I don't know why... BUT my one with rj has gone up to £600. But I'm happy...

I'll be ready this year though as I've just about got my head around it. June (our 1/2 term 1st week in June for 2012)and Aug (last 2 weeks) for us and askim... :cheers
Re August... I did not notice as I have never really been at that time of year before so have nothign to compare to. I just remember around lunch being a tad too hot, but still wonderful though...

This is me: I totally love the heat, the hotter the better, but, I don't really sunbathe, I never go brown, just pink! So I tend to hang out in the shade with some sun morning and late afternoon. I have dark brown hair and brown / green eyes, but tan, no, not for me... I'm so white I glow! :rofl
I think I do notice a slight drop in temperature towards the end of August. It is still very hot though. Last year I was out there for some time and July and the first half of August was reaching 40 C on some days. Towards the end of the month it was down to 35 or less and just made it more bearable for me. Of course the upside of this is at that time the sea temperature is wonderful.
I adore the air temperature in May/June but the sea isn't so warm then.
Hi,

Speaking of the weather in the School hols, what's it like in the October half term? Is it still warm?? Is it worth going, will things still be open?

lol too many questions! x :)
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.