General Holiday Enquiries, Hints and Tips

General Holiday Enquiries? Got General Hints & Tips? Post Them Here.
Just been reading up on the tan accelerator subject - can someone explain what p20 is - or am I getting confused?!

Am off on my hols in 7 weeks, 6 days :cheers but am probably pretty pale currently - haven't been away since Sept 2007 and usually use self tan every other day, however stopped using it a month ago in preparation for my hols!! I feel really pale without it!! Anyways - we are getting married a week after we land in Oz - really would like a nice colour for my wedding - but I think the Elemis might be a bit out of my price range as we are on holiday for 6 weeks, so what with the 2 weeks needing to use it before I go it may work out several bottles? Can anyone recommend a cheaper alternative on the high street?
Hi girlingreen ......p20 is sun cream that only needs to be applied once a day, p20 is the brand name there are other products that do the same thing like piz bin & boots soltan with different spf .
so what with the 2 weeks needing to use it before I go it may work out several bottles? Can anyone recommend a cheaper alternative on the high street?

Try this, if you google Ecotan Accelerator, there will be other suppliers out there.
I've used it and had good results, the main active ingredient in all the tan accelerators is called Tyrosine, which is an amino acid.
All the other stuff is additional and part sales pitch, Elemis profess to use all "natural ingredients" like Tahitian gardenia and jojoba oil, and have added an SPF of 4 into the product...why I don't know because an SPF of 4 is useless as protection.
Gatineau add "anti-ageing" ingredients and others are just bog standard Tyrosine with possibly Vit E as a "natural " preservative, plus stabilisers, colouring and a few other long winded chemical names, all suspended in a water based gel or cream.....which just do what it says on the bottle.

It's really a matter of "do you want something to just do the job it's supposed to do"? and then you add the extra ingredients by applying your own moisturiser and skin care products, or do you want to pay for a well known top of the range product that professes to have the finest ingredients within their product.?

The Ecotan is a big bottle and it takes me months to get rid of it...even my hubby puts it on during the holiday, but now I tend to buy Gatineau because I'm older and now the kids have gone, I have more money to spend on myself and it's a 400ml bottle.

Ecotan is a 500ml bottle and if I had to make one criticism of Ecotan, it would be that it's a bit sticky on your skin for a while, so you have to apply it and give it time to be absorbed before applying suncream/ aftersun or your preferred moisturiser.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ECOTAN-ACCELERATOR-HUGE-FOR-FACE-BODY-500ml-ECO-TAN_W0QQitemZ120299166915QQihZ002QQcategoryZ31776QQcmdZViewItemQQ_trksidZp1742.m153.l12
http://search.qvcuk.com/QVCUK/Search.ff?query=tan+accelerator&cm_re=PAGE-_-SEARCH-_-SEARCH
we are getting married a week after we land in Oz

Congratulations, if you're anywhere near Sydney, say "hi" to my boy.

Sanjiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii
I have been reading what you have all said about elemis and it sounds impressive. I am a pale blue eyed person and don't tan easily although as I have got older and my skin more accustomed to a bit of sun, I do at least now look like I have been somewhere (but it takes 3 weeks) :duh. I have bought Piz Buin's tan intensifier with an SPF15. Has anyone used this and does it improve the tan?

I am only going to Goa for one week in November so I would like to think I would look like I have been away when I return home. :D
Thank you Sanji - yes I will be going near Sydney! Really excited but not looking forward to the flight at all.

Really hoping to get a great tan so am going to try the Ecotan I think - I don't mind it being a bit sticky - as I used to wear fake tan all the time I am used to "air drying"!!
Hi has anyone bought suntan lotion anywhere recently? i am thinking beacause it looks like we wont be needing it here in Scotland for the next 6 months (at least) :rofl does any of the big supermarkets, chemist have a sale on them at the moment??

I am going away the 21st nove to the Dominican, i noticed Watt bros are doing the "Malibu" range for £1.50 each????

Cheers!!

Lou xx ;)
Still selling in our local Boots chemist, also try Superdrug, Home Bargains etc. Loads of places still sell it due to people going on ski holidays.
Denny
Sorry i should mentioned that is anywhere doing any deals on suncream still????

Cheers!!

Lou xx
Boots BOGOF on all suncreams

Asda some BOGOF and some reduced to half price along with Wilkinsons 1/2 price on everything
if you have a home bargins near you, then go there, we bought some piz bun for half price, they have some really gud bargins
Hi, i live in glasgow.....we dont hane a wilkinsons or home bargains??? :(
Hi, i live in glasgow.....we dont hane a wilkinsons or home bargains???

You surely have a Boots and Asda though :think ...............You could also check out TKMaxx and Poundland as they too have all suncreams reduced.
Hi, yeah i do have a boots and asda, guess i didn't want to pay the price that they were advertising in the summertime :rofl

Had a look in asda and tesco, still the summer prices................looks like Watt bros it is!! :)

x
:think
Hi,
I used that Elemis before and during my holiday in the summer and i have to say there was no difference what so ever just make sure you exfoliate loads and i am sure you will have a loverly tan i always use either p20 or piz buin the once a day and they are both brill. congratulation an your forthcoming wedding .

Pip
:tup
In Wilkos went in today and bought several bottles of Ambro Solaire Milk, amazing value at £3.50 :tup 25% off all products.
Hi Guys

Booking my fuengirola hol on 23/01/09 already booked 4 tubes of my fave elemis tan accelerator its the bomb....heres looking forward to summer 2009 already sick of winter..
Having been away for Christmas to sunnier climates, I picked up some suncream in M & S sale!

Best suncream ever used by far, and I am a lover of Piz Buin usually. It felt like an expensive moisturiser going on, I shall definatly use it again!
sunseeker1 wrote:
Having been away for Christmas to sunnier climates, I picked up some suncream in M & S sale!
Best suncream ever used by far, and I am a lover of Piz Buin usually. It felt like an expensive moisturiser going on, I shall definatly use it again!

Oooohh we have a M&S Outlet just up the road, I'll look out for that! :-o
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.