General Holiday Enquiries, Hints and Tips

General Holiday Enquiries? Got General Hints & Tips? Post Them Here.
The whole suntans topic has been removed?!?! There were pages and pages of useful info archived there. Why not just delete the recent inappropriate posts? :scratch:
Unfortunately may of the inappropriate posts were not just recent but were throughout the topic. The Mod/Admin team are not at full strength at the moment and we really don't have the time now to clean up the topic and return it.

luci :wave
got back from lanzarote at 3pm today and i used the elemis tan accelerator before i went, i must say i have THE best tan ive EVER had...! i'll be using it again
Hi PK! Enjoy your hols? :)

Talking about the Elemis, I was only thinking the other day, I ALWAYS burn my shoulders, and ALWAYS start
to peeling somewhere on me just as we get home.

But this year, no burnt shoulders- not even the tincey winciest bit sore - and no peeling! :tup

Now, the not burning/not sore MUST be down to the Elemis.

And I think the *not peeling* must be down to the Avon SSS body lotion and dry oil spray that I
used to keep the mozzies at bay. (I didn't use any other moisturiser/aftersun this year.)

I am definitely going to use the Elemis and the Avon stuff again next year. :)
ı am usıng the elemıs whılst here ın turkey.have not ha d any prıckly heat.burnt bıts or peelıng bıts.and am tannıng nıcely even tho ıts cloudy today.
Milly Molly, my daughter also used the Elemis and the avon sss and didn't peel or burn. She also used the Piz Buin once a day, so to be on the safe side I'll make sure she uses these 3 next year. :tup
Hi

We always use Piz Buin too and haven't burnt yet,Asdas' and Sainsburys's own brand got a very good review in a very well known magazine,if you want a very reasonably priced lotion (£3).
I'm an elemis convert now ! I went away mid july and used my elemis religiously and possibly got the best tan ever, AND , which is a biggy, my tan lasted for about 6 weeks without any sun to boost it ! brilliant product, will always use it from now on.
many thanks to whoever first told us about it !!!!
cheers,
juby
I've got a decent tan, (even though I only actually sat in the sun for 4 hours max the whole 2weeks- was too hot!)
but I do tan easily - although as I said, I usually burn on my shoulders.

I just wish I had remembered to be more *religious* with my Elemis - by the colour I am now, I know I would've had the
best tan ever if I had. :duh
hya turkeyconvert, elemis is a tan accelorator, basically, it makes your skin produce more melanin , thus reducing the risk of burning, as , I believe, melanin is our protective mechanism against the sun, ie, the more melanin you produce naturally ( darker skins) the more protection you have against the harmfull rays of the sun apparently.
Anyway, I digress ! I really liked this product, its a cream that you use about 2 weeks before sun exposure, just use it after showering, then use it everyday whilst on holiday, to be honest, I was a bit sceptical, but, as my legs never normally tan, AND the weather was much hotter than I was used to on this holiday, I probably got the best tan i've had in a long time, and it lasted !!
so, elemis for me every time !!
forgot to say, you can get it online or at your local department store,
hope this helps,
juby
Thanks Juby. My legs never tan either. I will try and get some of this today, I leave in 10 days, so hopefully I am not too late.
I have tried a large Tesco, Superdrug, Wilkinson and a few Chemists today to buy Elemis, but none of them had it in stock. Another shopping trip tomorrow to a larger town to see if I can get my hands on this :)
Turkeyconvert, I think you may need to try some of the larger department stores which have their own beauty departments. It's a more 'upmarket' brand and not sold in supermarkets, chemists, etc. I've been trying to buy it locally without success, but I think you can also buy online.
Hi,

I'm not sure if the shops still have it in stock, but you can order it & pay next day delivery, it is on offer at the moment I think.

Link: http://www.salonskincare.co.uk/product_info.php/products_id/696/ref/6?gclid=CI2f-O7r8ZUCFQuJ1QodHy1VfQ

Maybe this will help if you cannot buy it in the shops.

I looked on John Lewis web site, but they didn't show it, it is on a buy 3 for the price of two at the minute, free delivery unless you want it next day, which is an extra £6.99.

Deb.
hi all, yes, I got mine from salonskincare, at the time it was buy one get one free, at £18 a tube, it was a great saving and I used both tubes quite quickley.
I never opted to pay for a quick delivery, as it came within a couple of days.
go for it !!! :tup
Thanks very much for all your help, I have just placed an order for it now.
I used Elemis in Egypt a week ago and although I have come back with a better tan than I normally would, I found the Elemis went 'bitty' when I put sun cream on over the top.

I put the Elemis on when I got up, went for breakfast to give it time to sink in, then I'd come back and put my cream on.
Don't know how else to describe the way it went when the sun cream went on. :think Do you know how I mean? :que

I must admit, I wasn't religious about using it even before we went away but when it went bobbley/bitty I was less inclined to use it.

Any other suggestions on applying it would be helpful as I do still have 3+ bottles left. :duh

Like I said though, I have come back with a better tan than normal. So maybe it did do something.

Emma
hi emma, I always put it on after my evening shower, then put some after sun on once it had sunk in.
can't recall it going bitty though, wonder if anyone else had that problem.
mind you, it doesn't actually say on the tubes what time of day to put it on or wether it apply before suncream, bit of guess work meethinks ! :que
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.