Tour Operators and Travel Agents

Discussions regarding Tour Operators and Travel Agents
Re: sun4udirect
50 Posts
kyraleeds
Already posted this on the other thread you posted on but in case you don't see it - Thomson Airways have flights from Manchester to Gerona on Tuesdays and Saturdays according to Man Airport flight timetable.
THANKYOU FOR INFORMATION ON FLIGHTS FROM MANCH.TO GERONA
THINK I WILL CONTACT THOMSONFLY MYSELF TO SEE IF WE ARE BOOKED ON THEIR TUESDAY FLIGHT AS SUN4U DONT SEEM TO BE BOTHERD
kyraleeds please don't post with your caps lock on. Thanks :tup
PLEASE PLEASE - DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY.

Before I start my rant at Sun4U I would like to point out that I am a regular user of cheap teletex holidays and if I pay £150 for a week 4* all inclusive then I realise that I am only going to get what I paid for. Sometimes you read peoples reviews and they pay £100 for a holiday and then complain because the hotel is not very good i.e trip advisor sort of bad review.

The problem I have with Sun4U is regarding transfers from the airport. Yes the hotel I stayed in was not brilliant but as I got a decent deal then I wasnt particularly bothered as it was just me and my wife and as I say I booked a cheap holiday so what can you expect ?.

After staying in Spain for a week it was time to return the airport so I phoned Sun4u after waiting 30 mins for the taxi to arrive and was told that there was a problem with the transfer and that I would have to pay for a taxi myself and get a receipt for which I would be re-enburesd when I got back home. The problem being that as I had booked transfers and was expecting the taxi to turn up I didnt budget for paying for a taxi and only had £30 in cash and 15 euros, the taxi bill came to £60 !!!! which meant I had to find a cash machine to pay the rest. Luckily we got sorted and almost missed the final check in for the flight but luckily Ryan Air were very understanding once I mentioned Sun4u they seemed to have this type of problem on a regular basis.

To cut a long story short I have wrote x2 letters (no reply received) to Sun4u and have phoned them at least 20 times in the last week
and still do not have my money back or any form of compensation or even a postive response, they have no customer service skills whatsoever, I keep talking to some women who doesnt even listen to my point of view and has basically lied on several occasions.

DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY - I HAVE USED SEVERAL SIMILAR TELETEXT COMPANIES AND HAVE HAD NO ISSUES BUT THIS COMPANY IS A JOKE.
I have tried to contact thomson fly to see if i am booked on their tuesday flight from manchester which
is the only airline that fly to Gerona they have no knowledge of my booking,again i conntacted Sun4u
still no joy from them they just try and fob you off tell you thry will get back to you (which i am still waiting). I dont understand how they can give flight times also pick up times from resort airport,if they cant tell me who we are SUPPOSED to fly with. Without that info we cant go WILL AVOID THIS COMPANY or any associates like the plague ,
What are your flight times and what day do you travel?
HOORAY
Heard from sun4u at last was supposed to fly to gerona from manchester at 7.00 am on 8/6/10 as i susspected there was no flight,
.Sun4u have changed my flight owing to aviation problems ? I now fly into Barcelona with monarch airlines different flight times but not to bad.I have checked the flight is there.suggest that anyone who does not get a flight ref please check at least three weeks before due date.Maybe this was a one off due to volcanic ash disruption (who knows)Tried to submit passport details with their online form guess what UNAVAILABLE.had to send by email (hope they open it )
Has anyone tried to use sun4u online pasport info form?
I have had several attemps without success in the end i just sent them by email
had no response from sun4u to wether they have gone thru or not. customer services just do not pick
up the phone AGRaaaaaaa
The secret with ringing Sun4u is as follows -

When the automated reply responds with different options - choose make a payment on your holiday and you will get to speak to a customer services person straight away, if you select any other option then you are put on hold for hours.

Basically they will be quick to take your money but will be slow to respond to any other request.

Seriously - I cannot stress this enougth DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY.
Tried that option they just said nothing to do with them to ring customer services but as you say, you just get put on hold. its a joke. thinking about getting in touch with their head office .
We booked with sun4u on their actual website and had no problems whatsoever.

Went to Tenerife in January with them and we got transferred from our original hotel (Laguna Park 2) to Laguna park 1, which suited us perfectly as no hill to climb and was a lot closer to the bars etc. Best holiday we've ever had and not one problem with booking, transfers or hotels
As I said previously - I did not have any problems paying for the holiday or with the hotel, just had problems with transfer not turning up to take us back to airport.

I have been back from my holiday for 40 days now and still have not received the money that I paid for the taxi.

When I wrote my letter to Sun4u I was very specific in saying that the holiday provided for the price I paid was actually very good. Its obviously the customer service that is the problem.
At last finaly got my holiday sorted (i hope ) with sun4u.I have been trying to do the passport information form that has to be filled in if you are flying to spain i tried sun4u own website without any success at all , i was then told to do the one on the monarch site(THATS WHO WE ARE NOW FLYING WITH) was unable to do that either only to find that sun4u had booked my flights with a different email address to the one i had supplied with my booking.Their excuse to that was they had had some difficulty.no wounder i could not access our flight details. which i have now been able to do. Ive found the best time to ring them i on a Saturday when you get the online help team
Just a quick one for all to know DO NOT BOOK WITH THIS COMPANY SUN4U my flight was cancelled on Monday due the the ash levels, Ryanair are refunding my money for the flight cost, but SUN4U will not refund any money whatsoever, they just tell you to contact your insurance company and they will repay you, This is the biggest load of Bollocks I have ever heard, I spoke to my insurance company and they informed me that Sun4 u should repay, again I contacted them and they said there was no refund it was not there fault that the flight got cancelled, and the staff at SUN4U are absolutely CRAP they must be young girls on Min Wage just fobbing you of, So Be Warned do not bock any holiday with this CRAP COMPANY THAT RIP YOU OFF
It is down to the hotelier or whoever to refund Sun4u and they in return would refund you. If the hotelier is charging 100% cancellation charges then there is nothing Sun4u can do, unless they make a goodwill gesture. They might or might not be trying to make a quick buck by not refunding anything.
Whilst the company does seem to be a bit on the cowboy side of things, reading derbyteds post it sounds like the flight was booked direct with Ryanair (otherwise they wouldn't have refunded direct) so he hasn't booked a holiday - just a hotel. So technically they are correct, there is no problem with the hotel so no reason why the hotel or agent should take the loss. Given how close to the day the flight was cancelled it was probably within the the 100% loss section of the hotel booking conditions. This is the reason why you need to get proper insurance and not just a cheap one.
Hey am a 20yr old newbie.

Just booked a holiday through Sun4Udirect, i noticed the holiday on teletext holidays a really good deal £295 for all inclusive 5nights in costa Brava thats including transfers and luggage.

So thought och what could go wrong! Ha what an understatement

Paid for it on Friday 28th May checked my bank on Sat 30th May Bank balance says £160 after only meant to be paying £295 when my account balance was £797 originally. Phoned the bank and they informed me of my payments that came of.

£497 - Sun4U
£140- Ryan Air

I dont think so. :cry

Straight on the phone to sun4u after being on the fone 40 mins they got a supervisor to phone me. She phoned and explained that they didnt no hwat has happened and i would be refunded £202 as "chloe" had taken more money than needed too. It was meant to come of as £155 from Sun4u and the £140 from Ryan Air. Which would equal £295 :tup

So they said money would be back in my account by saturday midnight if not it will be tuesday due to bank holiday on Monday. (understandable).

So its now Wed after my direct Debits coming of and now no money left in my account i have been informed of 2 bank charges! :yikes So phoned Sun4U and was told that they hadn't passed the refund to accounts it wasnt even sent! Was told money will be in my account by end of today (5pm) (we will see)

Ive not even been on holiday yet due to fly out on 7th June and I after all the hassle I dont even want to go! :(

DONT BOOK WITH SUN4U EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Hi Marshie,

We are very sorry for any inconvenience this booking has caused you, we understand that such errors can be very disconcerting but unfortunately do happen due to the vast number of bookings we take.

If you could provide us with a booking reference we will look in to the matter and make sure it is resolved with the utmost urgency.

Once again we offer our most sincerest apology, and I hope this doesn't ruin your holiday.

Sun4UDirect.com
Well I finally got a cheque today for the airport transfer that never turned up.

However,

I was told 2 weeks ago by Sun4u that the cheque had been posted, as I have been away on holiday I never did my usual trick of phoning them everyday but I did phone yesterday as I still had not received the cheque (I think they must have sent it by carrier pidgeon !) and was given the usual fob off and told to ring back next week.

Yesterday I also emailed ATOL and included Sun4u in the email and explained my situation and guess what ? today I received my cheque.

The letter I received from Sun4u apologising was dated 18th May, the cheque was dated the 25th May and the post mark on the letter was the 1st of June. I honestly believe that Sun4u wrote the cheque yesterday after seeing my email to ATOL.

Finally,

The horrible Sun4u customer services women thought she had put me on hold and called me a wanker ! got to laugh.
So I have paid the cheque into my account today and have my fingers crossed that it doesnt bounce !.

What a complete and utter shambles Sun4u is. I am personally going to make a point of telling everyone I come into contact with never to use this company again.
Holiday Truths Forum
Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.