Spain - Balearics - Menorca Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Menorca.
I don't know about Es Mercadal. We usually go to Arenal d'en Castell and the road there which you can take to Playa Fornells, doesn't take us past Es Mercadal. However, I have seen a big Eroski in Mahon that we pass on the way from the Airport and you will probably go pass it also. I know from being five weeks in Fuengirola, Costa del Sol that Eroski is ok.
Thanks for that Blanck,
We land at 09:00ish and can not check in until 14:00 so were going to take a drive around the inland area, stop for luch at Es Mercadal, go shopping and wind our way up to Playas Fornells - if we shop near the airport then it may get a little warm for the milk/yogurt in the car! However, I think we will keep a look out for the Eroski near the airport and get the non-perishables there and get the dairy products when we get to the hotel.

Thanks again,
Jet
The drive from the airport out to Playa Fornells doesn't take more than 1/2 hour. Menorca is not that big so if you have that much time you could do quite a lot of driving. Alaior is a nice little town not far from Es Mercadal but I find driving there hard as I don't know it very well. I wouldn't want a big car there though, many narrow streets.
FYI The Supermarket is at the Poligno ( signposted as such = commercial area ) in Alaior ( Es Mercadal has no large supermarket ) on the route anyway. But if you fly in with hire just turn right at airport exit round about about 5 mins down the road on the Poligno is Hipercentral Go there, plus upstairs for little things you forgot to pack ( best value in town ) There is also a Euroski, Maxi Dia ( discounter used by locals )
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.