Spain - Balearics - Menorca Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Menorca.
You will find most of the supermarkets in Calan Bosch are all pretty much the same,fairly small and not really 'supermarkets'.The supermarket in Ciutadella I think you mean is called Diskont and is only 10 minutes drive from Calan Bosch.It is well worth the effort as the prices are 25-30% cheaper than Calan Bosch.You have to remember that the shops in the small resorts have to make money in a short holiday season.Have a great holiday.Calan Bosch is lovely!
Hi Jeffers, Thanks for the reply. If it is only 10 minutes drive away then it will be worth the effort - the one i was thinking of is called something else and apparently is on the main road as you come in from Mahon on the right by some industrial units?? - but it does not matter which one really. Where is Diskont, is it easy to find, as we have never been to Menorca before? Thanks
Hi there, we have just returned from a wonderful two week holiday in Cala n Bosch you will love it. Don't know whether this will be much help but on the way to the airport about 15 mins (I think) before we reached Mahon on the main road there was a Lidl Supermarket. I apologise that I cannot be more exact :que but I am sure a holiday rep will know its whereabouts. Enjoy your holiday :cheers
Hi, Thanks Davlyn - if it is on the main road out of Mahon it should be easy enough to spot. I am glad you enjoyed CnB and I am sure we will, it looks lovely and I have read so many good reviews. Thanks for the info on Lidl, I shall look out for it on the way from the airport and stock up on the essentials - then it will be relaxation time!
hi sonias
if you drive past cala blanca,sa caleta on the main road to cuidadela go straight through the first roundabout after sa caleta and it is on the right hand side of you it is signposted from the main road there is a plot of land fenced off for building on the corner of the road where you turn off this takes you directly to the diskont centre hope this helps .by the way they sell fresh fish,all kinds of meats,fruit and veg.
hi norm19580,

Thanks for the info on diskont - sound like a good supermarket selling everything we need! are the directions driving on the ME1 from Mahon?

Thanks
Hi norm19580, I have had a look on Google Earth and realise that you mean the road from CnB to Ciutadella. Thanks
yea it is from cnb by the way if you have kids with you check out titanic park on the cap de artriuex area of cnb you drive past it on your way to the diskont centre have a good hol cya
Hi, just returned from Cala'n Bosch today. We used both Diskont hypermarket and Lidl and found the prices to be much cheaper than CNB. Lidl was the cheapest of the two but I found Diskont to have more choice, depends on what you want really. Lidl was definately better for water and juices...we stocked up on these and saved a fortune over local prices.
Thanks nicJW for your advise. We will defo use either Lidl or Diskont!!
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.