Malta and Gozo Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Malta and Gozo.
Supermarkets?
7 Posts
hi .there are lots of little supermarkets the biggest one is trolleys not far from the bus station . lorna
gillymiff,

Not far out of the Buggiba/Qwara area on the main coast road there is a large traffic island. If you take the main road towards Mosta just along the way on the right hand side is a large supermarket called Scotts. If the weathers okay it would be reasonable to walk there though if you hire a car you've no problem getting there, :tup

Trev
Many thanks. Sounds promising!
We don't intend to hire a car, from what I've read on here and other places the buses sound pretty ok.

One question though, do the buses run in the evening?
Website of the Malta Transport Association http://www.atp.com.mt
gillymiff,

Be careful, the buses do run in the evening but from our experiences not usually very late! During our last visit last month, we chose to go to Valletta for the last night of carnival by an organised minibus tour because the buses did not run after 9.00pm and even then we were told to expect them to be a 'bit' unreliable. The situation may be slightly different during the Summer though? :think

If you're going to use the buses why not catch one to Sliema and if it's supermarkets you want then there's the Tower supermarket with its three floors, at the top of the town and up the road and round the corner from there is another branch of Scotts supermarket, ;)

Trev
Many thanks everyone, most helpful!
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.