Spain - Balearics - Menorca Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Menorca.
supermarkets
15 Posts
Their are 3 main super markets on the island you have one on the outskirts of Mahon. As you arrive into Mahon by the industrial estate you go up into the estate on the ring road. The others are at the other end of the island at Ciutedella one in the industrial estate again and the other on the way down to Cal n Bosc
If you go hunting at Ciutella you can find the local meat and fish market, we stumbled on them by chance, if you are interested I can give you some rough directions :)
there are loads of supermarkets you can chose from. In the industrial estate in mahon there are quite a few big ones called SYP, dia, mini prix and hyper climente. All these are good , if you are looking for cheap the best one is dia, which is a bit like lidl or aldi in the uk.

You could also drive to alaior of mercadal from addaia, where you will find good sized spar supermarkets.

so dont worry there are plenty to chose from and they are easy to find.
I have found that hypermarket diskont is a good one on the outskirts of cuitadella!

Shop there every time!

Caroline & Kirsten :wave
hypermarket diskont is a good one

but quite expensive though! if on a budget the syp or dia is much better value. :D
will remember that for when i go back this year!! thanks, its just that hypermarket diskont is on the way to cala n bosch where i usually stay!

Caroline & Kirsten :wave
the others are not that far away from diskont. they are on the idustrial estate outside cuitadella , if you want directions let me know.

happy hols :D
I have been 3 times to menorca different places, going again late may. thinking of hiring a car never done it b4. can you send me directions to the supermarket. I am staying in cal 'n forcat :D :D :D
i recall where the SYP is, its on the main roundabout before you go down the winding road to the little roundabout in forcat isnt it?

Didnt really rate that one, but im set in my ways i guess!!

Caroline :wave
On the subject of supermarkets. If you pay with a switch card do any offer a "cash back" facility or is this unheard of in Menorca? Sorry but I dont like hole in the wall.
Please can anyone tell me if we can buy shopping at Binibeca, we arrive next Friday at around 6pm. Will any shops be open for basic supplies?

Does this area have a larger supermarket near or onroute from the airport?

Thanks
I stayed at Binebeca beach club resort in 2000 & 2001. There was a small SPAR type supermarket, not very big though but stocked the basics. The nearest large supermarket is probably in Alaior or another one we visited was on the outskirts of Mahon, we tended to use these as more choice and cheaper. For the most delicious fresh cheese make sure you visit the COINGA factory in Alaior, it's got a taste of its own! Lurvly!! Hope this helps. 8)
Thanks for that, we will try the cheese!!
There is a large Supermarket on the main road between Mahon and San Luis it is called Eroski Centre. You will take this road from the Airport en route to Binibeca
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.