Spain - Canary Islands - Tenerife Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Tenerife.
Supermarkets?
15 Posts
Is Club Atlantis near Puerto Colon?

Billyboy.
To answer you both

Club atlantis is next to Puerto Colon and approx 100m from the San Eugenio shopping centre with the Mercadona supermarket below the shops. Really good location 8)
Also got a little bar called Scotch Corner opposite thats very reasonable and does great full english "or scottish" breakfasts :)
the san eugenio shopping centre is very good. Lawson What about an Irish breakfast. Hope you are well.
Thanks for that, but is it a tourist shopping centre being so close?
as long as you avoid imported products even the smallest supermarkets are cheaper than in the UK
items like water are best bought at the nearest shop rather than try to save a few coppers and carry them for miles
after all you are on holiday
Thanks for that, but is it a tourist shopping centre being so close?

Mainly tourist shops above the supermarket, as you would expect for this area
However :!: Mercadona are more like a small tesco, they have a chain of supermarkets and are used by locals. No inflated prices and a good sized supermarket. Its one of the first places we head to stock up each time we go.
Lisaugene, we've just got back from 2 weeks in Las Americas, Hotel Vulcano, which would be a quick taxi ride from Adeje I guess, and there was a very big supermarket not far from us, which I walked to once. It seemed to be mainly Spanish people shopping there and it certainly wasn't aimed at tourists. I don't know the names of the roads, but the supermarket was almost opposite the El Camison hotel, any taxi driver should know that, and just a little inland from the Tenerife Princess and the Vulcano on the same road as them. It was underground, with a pharmacy on the ground floor, and the building had a big sign saying MERCADOR on it. You could hardly miss it.
The supermarket itself was one of those with huge slabs of meat hanging up, as the spanish are fond of doing. It had a big range and also if you were a customer you got some sort of parking permit or concession when you paid at the till so if you are into car hire thats a plus too. Hope this helps.
the irish breakfast is to hard to swallow :wink: :wink: . san eugenio is very good and you will find everything you need there ,tell the owner of the scots pub on the corner ,his name is billy ,and he is from paisley that peter from rothesay was asking for him. bluepeterno1
You can get a nice bottle of lira wine from here for 1 euro 40 cents.

If you like fish it has a fantastic range of prawns. We visit here a few times, buy a big bag of prawns and sit on the balcony and eat them.
Thanks guys, I think the Mercadona sounds like the place we'll head to. I like to get all the boring stuff done in one sweep so it doesn't feel like being at home having to go for grocery type stuff daily.

:lol:
I'm off to Tenerife in the summer. As I am staying self catering, would be looking to buy essentials like food, drink & toiletries in. Finding my way to a supermarket like Mercadona would be easy enough, but will there be any taxis or taxi ranks near to the big supermarkets to take me back to my apartment if I am laden with shopping?
Thanks in advance
Theres a Taxi rank right outside the Mercadona in San Eugenio.
Taxis are plentifull in the tourist areas so you should have no problem. 8)
Hi,
Just as an aside, although it's tenuously linked, you can now get Liria wine in Asda for £3.78 a bottle - that's nearly 4 times what it costs in Tenerife!!!!
the San Eugenio shopping centre has a supermarket and its very cheap . after seeing the prices in there we wont be going AI again :lol:
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.