Spain - Costa Blanca Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Costa Blanca.
SWINE FLU Q&AS
9 Posts
Benidorm and Spain in general has no idea how to cope with swine flu.

If your wife is unfortunate enough to fall ill she will have to visit one of our healing shrines. If she then tells the shaman that she has ‘gripe porcina' (pork flu), he may well chant a mantra while rubbing a poultice of willow bark into her forehead, in the belief that this will cast out the demons.

Best to bring over your own lem-sip and asprin, I think.
most of Britain will have had swine flu by october , normal flu is just as bad to be honest.
why worry about that in spain? the uk now has the 3rd highest level of this in the world, less chance in spain!
You have more chance of catching it here than Benidorm.
I would imagine that if anyone here got Swine Flu, Benidorm would be as well equipped to deal with it as anywhere else in the world.....

Why are you worrying about it in Benidorm? We haven't got any reported cases here that I'm aware of.
It's rife here now anyway I think that we would be better off in Spain.
Tel

I'm sure that the clinics/hospitals in Spain will be well equipped to deal with outbreaks of Swine Flu. Apparently, the symptoms are more or less the same as seasonal flu. Only difference being is a rapid rise in temperature and often diarrohea. Reports say that many people may have already had it without even realising it (ie thinking it was seasonal flu).

My son was taken into hospital in Spain a few years ago with an allergic reaction, and the treatment he received there was excellent. Probably better than if we'd been back home in the UK!

We fly out on the 28th of this month and I'm not worried about it.

Tell your wife to try not to worry too much.

Have a lovely holiday

Best Regards

Elaine
thanks elaine.
I do think my wife is more worried about our sons as one has asthma.
But i do agree we are probably be safer abroad than here lol.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.