Cyprus Discussion Forums

Discussions regarding holidays in Cyprus
SWINE FLU Q&As
9 Posts
If you take a look at the Famagusta Gazzette - http://famagusta-gazette.com/ and use the search facility type in swine then there are lots of recent stories.

There does seem to be quite a few cases in and around the Ayia Napa and Protaras area including locals & holidaymakers.
there was a high profile case recently when micah richards who plays for manchester city caught it in ayia napa. i think its present almost anywhere you go these days so cancelling a holiday won't make a great deal of difference. it is admittedly taking the gloss off looking forward to my holiday as the situation seems to be escalating by the day :(
This is just great! I'm heading out there on Wednesday lol It will not put me off my holiday though. I guess you can get it anywhere at the moment. I'm not gonna be too worried about it and will enjoy my holiday no matter what. :cheers
Latest worldwide count in link below. It does'nt matter which country in the world you are travelling to at the moment swine flu seems to be popping up, more countries are being added all the time.

http://www.flucount.org/

Angie.
You're probably more likely to be taking it with you than catching it whilst there.

Mark
Well I just got back from the area on Tuesday. They are advising you stay away from crowded places like nightclubs, other than that it has been business as usual.

Went back to work Wednesday the first 2 customers through the door had swine flu, yet they come to sign on, passing on all their germs.

Thursday work mate said I don't feel well, her face was like a big red balloon, you guessed it 2 of them have been swabbed and now have swine flu, we have been advised that if we have been within a metre of anyone who has it, we should monitor our health and phone the help line if we show any symtoms.
My sister came back from Ayia Napa and after being home a day she had it. I think it's the plane what would cause you to catch it mostly as the air is being circulated
We got back from Pernera 12th July and there were a few people wearing dust masks in the airport they looked very silly. Considering these masks dont keep dust particles out they certainly wont keep a virus out!! Our receptionist at the hotel Isaak told us to stear clear of the Eden Square in Protaras and Ayia Napa square as there were lots of cases diagnosed there. Well hadn't we already been to both areas the previous 2 nights!! We have been back nearly a fortnight now and we are all fine touch wood!! I work in a call centre for HMRC and lots of people are off with swine flu!! Enjoy your holidays if you are going to get it you might as well get it enjoying yourself!! It is everywhere and we are all probably going to get it at some stage no matter where we are!!
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.