Goa Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Goa.
swine flu
50 Posts
http://in.vfsglobal.co.uk/
the above web site will give you details and the form to print out
the screening is a temperature scanner done when going through immigration and if you are above the certain temperature then a light shows and :(
hope this helps
sharon
p.s if youd like to know anything else then please ask j5 who knows everything you need to know about goa
Oh dear,as someone who is diabetic my temp often goes up when my blood glucose levels alter. Im often a bit too hot and sweaty :tongue I hope that immigration dosnt think i have swine flu :(
As Swine Flu has aleady reached India there seems little point in carrying out this operation.3 days ago there were 1193 cases reported (and 29 deaths) but in another month or so it could be tens of thousands of cases.
:tup cheers for the replies guys,,i,m so thick i thought u had to get 1 here before you go,lol :cry
see you at the isolation hospital Maz
i have the same problem and i just know after not eating properly for 11 hrs i will have a hi temp
ever year around this time there always seems to be something and i start to think why am i doing this again
but we will do what we always do just keep smiling
Maz D and Angelswitch

I'm not diabetic but am at that funny age when temperature rises and body flushes all over. Being anxious is a sure guarantee to bring a moment on.

I always stress when we get into immigration..... Will our bags have made it.... Will our taxi be waiting? (although I know he will be) etc... etc...

I know I'm not the only one on here with the same problem so I think the isolation hospital will be full of menopausal women :( and the beach full of happy men :) !!!!!!!!!!

:rofl :rofl :rofl
so I think the isolation hospital will be full of menopausal women :( and the beach full of happy men

:rofl
Ha ha will probably see you there.we can compare the flushes!!
Daves Wife :rofl :rofl :rofl You are responsible for me picking my cereal out of my keyboard. Ive just spat it out laughing at your comments :tup :tup
You know girls I don't make light of this but I can't help thinking that if this scanner lights up when you are above a certain temperature when we all walk through it will be like Blackpool illuminations.

:rofl :rofl

Seriously though I really hope this scanner can tell the difference between our tropical moments (hot flushes) and a temperature which is being caused by swine flu. :(
I love the expression 'Tropical Moments' - so much more sophisticated than granny heats :tup

I haven't had it (swine flu) but what if you fill the form in saying you have - can any one guess at the effect of that? (january is a long way off so anything could happen)
Went to Karnataka over the weekend and we weren't checked at the border (either way), although this was supposedly being done, went to Gokarna where they looked in our mouths for 2 seconds with a torch, not quite sure what they were looking for, maybe a little sign saying "Swine Flu this way" or something...
Checking your fillings I expect Rob :rofl Fizz

Saw an interesting write up about CWT in Exeter Express and Echo recently - well done, another bit of publicity, :tup
Been on the high commission website today looking to download visa applications. There is a health card on there for downloading that you need to fill in and take with you on your flight.
I too am prone to hot flushes :( , so no doubt another one here for the hospital whilst OH whoops it up on the beach for three weeks. Truly though I will be mortified if I go all that way and then end up on an isolation ward
Me too Roxey - it doesn't bear thinking about :cry
The hosptials won't have enough beds available to host all us woman of a tender age and our tropical moments,don't pack to many clothes ladies we won't be needing them.. :rofl
I think I'll be in the hospital with the rest of you. Anyone know if they allow you Gin and Tonics in there? Or perhaps some kind soul could visit and smuggle some in. :rofl
I prefer to go native and drink the Honeybee :cheers
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.