Goa Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Goa.
Tailors in Goa
58 Posts
we have always used super tailors in candolim. we have never had any problems been using him for several years
he made my daughters ball gown cost £25 it is lovely. my other half had a suit and shirt made for £60 the following year we went back to him as he needed bigger trousers made as he put on weight, and he even had a bit of cloth on file to make sure that he used the same material.
Can anyone recommend a good tailor in Cavellosim please.
:?: Can anyone get me the telephone number of Sane Tailors,Calangute, Baga( they call themselves Sane Arts Emporium) and the full address if possible, it is at the top of the road where KC's bar is situated-next to a carpet shop. ( as I want to order something from them) Thanks in anticipation :)
Hi :D

Going to Goa for 1st time in March, so not long to go now - getting really excited. :P

Someone told me that you can get really good suits etc made to measure in Goa - does anyone know if this is true? We are going to a wedding in June and we thought it would be great to get have something nice made.

Staying at Cidade De Goa at Vainguinim Beach, Panjim, any good places near here.

Also, just got visas back in post today, only took just over 2 weeks which we thought was great.

Any information on tailors/hotel/area/good veggie places to eat would be appreciated.

Thanks
potter wrote:
Any information on tailors/hotel/area/good veggie places to eat would be appreciated.

Hiya hope this info helps, just click on the blue words.
hotel

tailors

MrsMac
Hi
we used Super Tailors in candolim ! I had a brilliant suit made copied from a Kenzo design & he also copied 3 of my favorite shirts in different colours. my partner had a coat copied she was so pleased she had another one made. it takes a couple of fittings but well worth it ! he also has a policy of no deposit & if your not happy don`t pay. so if you have a design take it !!! we got our finished garments delivered to our hotel aswell because we put in an extra order. now that`s service. suit was 55 quid & shirts 8 quid each & coats were 30 quid each. fitted to size & happy to say better than the origanals. you have to see it to believe it.
Yep super tailors in candolim is excellent, i have had suits made there which are great and they made mine and the wifes wedding outfits and they are superb.

http://www.supertailors.com/
I have used both super Tailors and Macs in the Nizmar and have to say that I thought Macs tailors was far superior.

Saying that I just got 2 suits and a coat made in thailand and they were better and cheaper than both!
Martin_d
hi we stayed at the nizmar last year and only looked at the quality of the garments made at macs on the 2nd to last day,and they looked excellant.gutted as did not have enough time to make one up.going back to stay at the nizmar in march as we liked it so much.so was thinking of getting a couple of suits made there..can i ask how much you paid for your suit.did have a look around a couple of tailors in candolim but was not really impressed with the finishing.
Robbie,

He is more expensive than most, expect to pay around £120 per suit with extra trousers for the very best material (wool\cashmere 120's)
thanks martin
thats still good.if your getting the quality,i know you can get them cheaper from other tailors but all depends on the feel and design you want..as i said in an earlier reply i had a look around some others last year and was not overly impressed with the finishing so will prob get a couple from macs in march
:D Thanks for everyones replies, I will make a note of the names and have a good look around once we get there. :D
Hi im going to Goa in 7 weeks and i want to take a dress with me and have it made again but in a different colour. I want it to be the same style etc, but just a change of colour. We're staying in the calangute area but are willing to travel to candolim,panjim etc to get it done.
can anyone recommend any good shops for doing this?

Im getting really excited, just bought my little lad a gorgeous sun hat and sun glasses from baby gap, i couldnt resist the temptation, but my hubby said i was stupid for paying £10 for a hat for a 2 year old and £10 for sunglasses, but they looked sooo cute :) Ive never been this excited at buying my toddler clothes, well except from when he was a baby :)
exactly 49 days tomorrow afternoon and ill be well on my way to Goa :)
We arrive in Goa on Monday 13th March - staying @ Radisson White Sands. Having been before but purely for R&R and now allowing ourselves a bit longer, thought we might 'venture' into the possibility of having some items made up for us.

Particularly interested in made to measure shirts (cotton) - other half has one arm 2/5 inches shorter than the other and has always longed for tailor-made shirts. Equally I'd love something made specially for me - trousers with top that didn;t make me look size of a house/drowned/stoopid etc.!

Have emailed one of the recommended places - but always interested to hear other recommendations.

Thanks
Yummymummy I have stuff copied all the time and wouldn't hesitate to recommend Mac. He has about 8 shops located in various hotels, I don't have the list but one shop is at the Colonia de Braganza just off the Calangute high street but I think his HQ is at the Nizmar. Expect to be parted from the original for several days and they may insist on a fitting or two as well. I find the copies to be better than the original. It's tempting to get carried away as they are such good salesmen and it's hard to resist a bargain, just remember you have to carry it all back home again.
Fashion Point on the Beach Road in Candolim have given us excellent service and clothes over the past seven years. Highly recommended.
:pele There is a talior at the nizmar hotel hes on the little lane going up to the hotel .....not sure ifs=its the one katie p has mentioned....anyway my daughter is a GOTH....and the talior made her 3 skirts he was able to make them with (skull&cross bones) hand stiched .....do net at the bottom of the skirts :pele and if im being honest they were better than the ones she had paid..£30 for.....she has a list of things to be copied in november
:whoops ....forgot to say the skirts were only 300 rps each
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.