Goa Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Goa.
Perhaps - better to go to Mapusa where you can buy the material in the market and go to the tailer to have it made up - Opposite the main entrance you will find a street that goes up the hill - turn right at the top and go along for about 500 mtrs and you will find a lot of good shops - I used Xaviours they do a very good job at low prices. :P
Stupid quetion: I want to have a suit made but what will the taylors look like, do they have little shop fronts with taylors written on like here.

Sorrry for the stupid question never been to Goa and from what i have heard its gonna be a culture shock
My wife and I have had suits etc made in both Goa and Thailand in the last year and whilst the Goan things were fine the quality and finish were better in Thailand. The competition in Thailand is much greater and we found the quality of materiel better and the price keener than in Goa. Alan
williec yeah they have tailors written on them etc you wont miss them so dont worry.
Not sure where you are staying but in my opinion MAC Tailors is excellent. He has several outlets in calangute/candolim including one at the Nizmar Hotel.

GFF xx
:wave Willie c ...they are small shops if you look at the Calangute photo album the tailor we use is on a photograph in the album ..he is also at the nizmar hotel my daughter is a goth and he made the skirts he has in his hand for her and they were only a few pound .....for her to get them at home they would cost up to £30....
Fiona can you add the picture to this post please :thanks (colleen)
:hyper Just looking at the date on the photograph ....that is the date we go to goa this year :fly
Off to Marina Dourada on 2nd Feb and i would like to get some shorts made ( smart chino type for evening wear ) as its hard to buy any here because the summer clothes are'nt in the shops yet. Is there anyone on the forum had any made? if so can you recommend a decent place to go to. I have a pair that i will take so they can copy the style.....KJF
Just got home to the UK in the early hours of New Years Eve. My son and me both had suits made up at Armani de goa in Candolim. My daughter had a pair of the cropped shorts the younger generation are wearing made up in wool, they are really well made. She had them copied exactly from a pair she bought in the UK. My son had a suit and an extra pair of trousers.
I chose my suit and and material. Make sure you do it at the start of your holiday to allow for fittings.
He was also very helpful with being honest about the quality of wool which some tailors are not.
My suit is fitted and had a distinct waistband, which took the tailor five hours alone to do that!
My suit is absolutely gorgeous I am well happy with it.
If you go in please say hello from me, they are a couple of brothers and really nice guys. Tell him it is the family, and the lady with the grey pinstripe fitted suit who is well happy :D
we had my exs wedding suit made at a tailors down the side road near the kamat hotel.nice job and very cheap too :D :D
I am really interested in getting some items of clothing made and I have a few questions
I have a pair of trousers at home that I love and would like to get them replicated. If I took a photo do you think the tailors could make them?

I am also after some wrap dresses and a mac- I heard that most tailors would have a Next catalogue so this should be ok, right (as long as I can find what I want in there!)?

My brother bought back some lovely material from Sri Lanka but I am useless at anything that requires a needle, thread, and patience!! Would they mind if I took it over and got them to make something out of it for me?

Can any of the tailors make curtains or can you recommend somewhere that can?

Thanks for all your help- my husband is praying that you cant help as he is getting worried about excess baggage but I have every faith! :wink:

xx
Hi anilla all the tailors have catalogues (next etc) that you could browse thru and choose what you like. He/she will then measure you and make the garmet to your exact requirements. Most items ready within 48 hours.
We also had raw silk curtains made in Baga, Goa for a fraction of the price you would pay in the UK.
If you need any more information, please feel free to PM me.
Have a fantastic holiday :D
Yes to all the above (sorry Mr Anilla). You can either take a photo of your favourite trousers or take them with you for them to copy, you will get them back when they have finished with them. I have had a few favourite outfits replicated and never had any problem. Don't get too carried away, you will have to watch the weight of your cases.
Had super curtains made at Habitat its on the road
to Mapsa,great selection of materials,they will do any
kind of headings pleats ect,and fully lined,we had them
packed for 2 weeks while we were in the South and not
a crease when we arrived home,they look great.
hope this helps,they are very profesional.
ann
:) Scorpion Tailors in Candolim - I always go there.
Hi
The best tailor is Baskar Tailors which is in Saligao
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.