General Holiday Enquiries, Hints and Tips

General Holiday Enquiries? Got General Hints & Tips? Post Them Here.
ECIG are not banned in Austria. The Austrian government have brought out a rule that the sale of them will be restricted to just registered tobacconist shops but many of the vaping shop owners believe the rule will be unenforceable.

So nothing to worry about.
Judith wrote:
ECIG are not banned in Austria. The Austrian government have brought out a rule that the sale of them will be restricted to just registered tobacconist shops but many of the vaping shop owners believe the rule will be unenforceable.

So nothing to worry about.

Do you go through like a scanner when going on coach or do they check bags? Im going with my school
We went to Austria last year by coach and we were never scanned ,just boarded the same as the UK trips.
Oce. No your luggage won't be scanned when boarding in the UK. You will most likely be travelling from Germany into Austria and there are no manned borders between the two countries. So it is highly unlikely your coach would be stopped when entering Austria and even if the coach was stopped your luggage would not be scanned.
Customs can, however, choose at random suitcases to be lifted off the coach and scanned. Happens quite regularly when leaving Hull on the overnight ferry to Belgium.
Didn't know that Glynis, although my regular channel crossings are usually done by car and have never had my luggage checked.

Unless of course OCE is planning on taking something illegal abroad he(she) has nothing to worry about even if his case was scanned as it's not illegal to carry ecigs between the European countries he will be visiting.
:think Given that he is going on this trip with his school could he be anxious because he is perhaps under 18 years old?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-25900542

SM
If he is under 18 he's not even eligible for membership of HT
Oops! Have I dropped him in it? Presumably he ticked the box to say he'd read the T & Cs and as a result said he was 18 when he registered, so he's not now going to come back and tell us he isn't is he? ;)

SM
SMa wrote:
Oops! Have I dropped him in it? Presumably he ticked the box to say he'd read the T & Cs and as a result said he was 18 when he registered, so he's not now going to come back and tell us he isn't is he? ;)

SM

They could be a teacher or an assistant? I'm not worrying about it as it was a good question for future coach travellers :tup
Judith wrote:
Didn't know that Glynis, although my regular channel crossings are usually done by car and have never had my luggage checked.

Unless of course OCE is planning on taking something illegal abroad he(she) has nothing to worry about even if his case was scanned as it's not illegal to carry ecigs between the European countries he will be visiting.

I was chosen at random to have my luggage scanned on a trip to Belgium from Hull. But the reason was, we all assumed....alcohol being snuck onboard the ferry ... As if.... :really ;)
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.