Camping and Caravanning UK and Europe

Discussions regarding camping and caravanning in the UK and the rest of Europe.
Chateau lez eaux is a quiet, well-managed site, it's a Castel site, very close to Granville and it does allow pets.

We're going back for 3 weeks next June.

Patka
Hi Breeze
My name is Murphy! I went to Normandy this year, Trees and sticks everywhere, loved the place and cant wait to return next year! :glynis. Dont worry about the jabs unless your affraid of needles. :D

PM me for a review or if you have any questions.

Murphy 8)
On the subject of taking pets, I'm considering taking my cavalier king Charles spaniel on hols next year.If you take a peek at the Keycamp brochure
http://www.keycamp.com/dogs
you'll find a list of dog friendly campsites and they plan to allow dogs from 2008.Also advice on what you need to do ,to take poochie with you.
Alternatively you could book direct with sites if you have your own tent/caravan and not have to worry about the dog eating the keycamp fixtures and fittings :lol: :lol:
Sins
I don't have one yet, I need to get moving if I want to have it in time for next years holiday. From what I understand, the dog needs to have a rabies shot and once immunity has been established by blood test, I must wait six months before I can use it.
Sins
Have no worries about French vets. They love animals and want them to enjoy good health or they wouldn't be doing the job. Vet medicine is of the highest quality in France, and reluctance to have a 'foreign' vet give your pet the necessary vaccinations for its safe return to the UK is totally unwarranted.
Hi all,

my brother and sister-in-law want to take their dog to France/Belgium/Italy with them next October(2008). They are taking their own caravan although I don't think that has any relevance.

What exactly do they need to do?

Pet passports I realise are necessary but exactly what injections etc are needed before?

thanks in advance

Bill
thanks for the info Briar. I will make sure they have evferything sorted. I think that the Eortunnel route is a better choice as well.

Bill
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.