EX-Pats and Owners Abroad

Discussions for EX-Pats and owners abroad or those who are considering this idea.
yes they all work. Voltage is the same but plug style is different. Sometimes adapters can be a problem to replace eg mobile phone chargers. The government will tax you quite heavily on dvd, vcr,teles, radios etc so maybe better to buy here. They didn't tax our 1 computer system. Ask advice from carrier as to what is taxable. I smuggled my sky receiver in my suitcase.... oh and 2 playstations.... I shouldn't say anymore should I ? :yikes
:D thanks for info.did you use carrier for your move :?: if so how much did it cost you :?: we have been quoted £1400 for 250 cubic ft. :D
used F+N and was charged 1300 for 6 cubic meters which is about the same. ask them about any "bond" money you might have to pay in Izmir. A friend had to leave money with the carrier for 4 years but I not sure why. Good Luck with your move.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.