General Holiday Enquiries, Hints and Tips

General Holiday Enquiries? Got General Hints & Tips? Post Them Here.
Esh,
Have you considered the Algarve in Portugal?In August the temp is kikely to be in the 80's or 90's f.
There is an A/I hotel in Albufeira - the Paraiso - which, although it can be booked directly, is exclusive to Thomas Cook, and which has a well-organised kiddie's club. There are lots of reviews on H.T. if you want to research this.
what about san miguel beach club in ibiza,kids activities excellent,some of the holiday villages look great for kids(first choice),costa del sol,or holiday village viva in majorca.we have booked for the bahaia principe in tenerife for next july,according to some reviews the kids club staff bring your kids to you where you are sunbathing following the session,sounds good to me. mo
Have you thought about Lykia World in Turkey ?

I've never been, but there are lots of posts on these boards recommending it for kids.....however, it is full board rather than AI.

:D
Thanks for your replies and suggestions!

Wow,

They all seem like great suggestions.

Any idea of indicative costs or who I should try and book through?

Teletext holidays?

Esh
Esh,
The Paraiso de Albufeira will accept direct bookings, so, if you have access to "no-frills" airlines from your local airport, you can easily put the holiday together yourself as private transfers are simple to arrange in the Algarve. Whilst you can save yourself a lot of money this way. it's unlikely that your son will have access to the kid's club run by Thomas Cook's reps.
Why not go online to Thomas cooks and price the holiday with them before you look at d.i.y?
You need to shop around, but I have priced up Lykia and the San Miguel Beach Club recently. I found Eclipse the best for Lykia and Portland best for the San Miguel Beach Club.

I know Lykia can be done DIY if you are confident in putting things together yourself. Not so sure if the beach club takes direct bookings. :hmmm

Although First Choices holiday villages look great for families (infact I would like to go to one myself :D ) Make sure you pick one that is already built. Corfu and Kefalonia have been pulled for this season, and the Kos one has suffered a delayed opening date. Good Luck.
I think Travel City Direct are doing Lykia World now , and they are normally pretty reasonable.

:roll:
Hi Esh

We are off to the Pegasos Palace in Turkey in august it is a first choice holiday village...it is definitly going to be hot there in august.
It did suffer some problems when it first opened last year but at the end of last year it seemed to get much better and the reviews coming back this year are fantastic.....it has now been taken over by iberostar group and can still only be booked via first choice or eclipse direct(FC direct co) i found eclipse cheaper.
There will be no shortage of activities for your son......kids clubs all day and night, foootball coaching, stcagecoach drama school, kids discos etc and for you there are spa gardens with treatments like massage etc(obv you have to pay for these)
It sounds great and we cant wait my son will nearly be 6 and my neices are going they are also going to be 6 and i have a baby who will just be 1yr old.
Have a look on the Turkey forum and you will find some recent chat about it(the first 80 or so pages are from last year so best looking at the end pages) or some new reviews in the hotel reviews under holiday village pegasos palace.

Good luck with whatever you choose.

Vicky
Sun Zeynep in Belek, Turkey is great for children. Read all the reviews!
2 of my friends have just returned from Club Belcekiz Beach in Olu Deniz Turkey. They had nothing but glowing reports and next year 1 of them is taking her children there as it was suitable for all ages. My friend has been to Turkey 7 times and she said this was the best holiday ever.

Read our reviews by Click Here - the hotels website is also listed via the link.
:D That post has made my xtra happy Glynis, as I am going there with 2 children at the begining of the school hols. :D
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.