Flight Only / Airline and Airports

Discussions relating to flight only, airlines and airports.
A friend of mine travelled to Canada last year for a wedding and then to Florida for a holiday returning to the UK from there. As you will be aware there were lots of fuel surcharges being added. She was given the opportunity of paying in full which then guaranteed the price she paid.

You are really in the same position. At present you have in effect only paid a reservation fee. The question you need to ask yourself is do you feel lucky? Will the price go up or stay the same?

fwh
i rang them and they said that if the government put fuels charges up we will have to pay but the price is guarateed otherwise as it is a charter flight
Since when does the government put airline fuel charges up?
Suemackey wrote:
they said that if the government put fuels charges up

They probably meant air passenger duty or if fuel prices increase significantly, fuel surcharge. Government don't set the price of JetA1 although there's talk of putting tax on aviation fuel. Then watch the price of flights shoot up!

Darren
thats what A1 said if the government put fuel charges up, they have no control over it
But as Dazbo pointed out , what's most likely to happen is NOT a new tax on fuel but a change in APD or the market price of fuel - neither of which would be "the government putting up fuel costs". So is the airline really guaranteeing to absorb those costs?
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.