Spain - Costa Blanca Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Costa Blanca.
As this thread is about Terra Natura, I have transferred unrelated posts about the animal sanctuary near Guadalest to our Noah's Ark thread, hopefully preventing confusion for those browsing this topic.

David :wave
This park is fascinating.

Its theme is of the 4 continents, America, Asia, Pangea and Europe.

America ~ the magical air
shows ~ birds, flying men and animals etc LLama and goats.
Ample menu for restaurant eg traditional american dish Fajitas. Drinks bar available and ice cream stand. Also a rustic canteen where you can enjoy exotic delights for lunch or snack between meals.

Asia ~ A spiritual land
Wild llife reserve, elephants, tigers, hippos leopards etc.
Again ample menu for restaurant, The restaurant is where they say that Sandokan used to eat there, nice smell of spices and exotic dishes. Charming place for teas and chapatis and delicious indian cakes that you can savour while watching your children play at the childrens temple. There is also a little sweet shop and a little cafe that sell sandwiches and drinks and a drinks bar that also sell ice creams.

Pangea ~ the amazing fire
Spiders and other creepy crawlies are here.
lovely little restaurants here one place sell breakfast and hot buns removed from the inner depths of the volcano in an old abandoned scientific research base. The other place was a restaurant where you can enjoy a good roast chicken or a barbecue.
There is also a drinks bar which again sell ice creams.

Europe ~ life beside the sea
Here is the aqua park, fantastic place with ample slides, beautiful large swimming pool that has numerous actions, eg waves, fountains etc.
There was a couple of large swimming pools for children, one with a vast amount of toys, slides, ropes etc to keep little ones occupied.
You can swim with the sharks (baby ones) for 10 euros each, there is an aquamarine.
Again fantastic places to eat, a la carte restaurant with high class med cuisine, this is really a Greek theme.
There is also a reef restaurant that sell food like paella, rice dishes and fideuas etc.
Ample bar that sell drinks and ice creams.
Here is also a spa room and a solarium.
The sunbeds are 3 euros each but they are very comfortable and modern and well worth the money. Loads of shade available.
The surrounding scenery was beautiful.

Now the prices.
adults 21euros
children 4 - 12 16 euros
senior citizen 60+ 16 euros

However, it may be worth paying all inclusive which is 9 euros more per person. You are entiltled to a 3 course lunch and unlimited drinks all day. The ice cream is extra.

Do not book with rep as you will not be collected until about 9.30 ish and you have to leave the park at about 16.00hrs. The park is open until 20.00hrs.

Hope this assists you all, go and give it a try..... fantastic 8)

kind regards

kazee
  • Edited by Kazee 2006-07-19 17:21:50
Nice post that Kazee - I'm not normally big on Theme Park/Zoo's etc..but your post quite makes me want to go!...errr well apart from Pangea that is...I hate Spiders!!! Will perhaps give it a try in Oct when E'vonne with me, She likes that kind of thing! :)

Best Regards - Taggy :)
We went in June and thought it was brilliant.
The flying men were fantastic, I felt sick watching them on there descent.
We only payed to visit the park and not the aqua park although you can enter it and pay for a wrist band down there. I thought it was a total rip off though having to pay for your sunloungers after paying all that money to get in. It's the same if you visit aqualandie.
My son and huband went on the zip slide twice. My heart was in my mouth watching them!.
All in all this was well worth paying a visit. We got a taxi which was 14 euros there but only 11 coming back, don't know why that was?
Sounds great, we never went last year as i had heard a few bad reports, but after reading this i will give it a try.........can't wait :D
If you go all inclusive that also includes your entrance fee to the aqua park.

kazee
Kazee do you have to pay to use the pools, and if you do how much is it and if you go All Inclusive does that give you entry to the pools.
Thanks crystal xx
:oops: Sorry you answered my question about All Inclusive., My head is frazzled today.
crystal xx
Good post Kazee. :tup

Glad you had a fab time

sanji :wave
Thanks peeps

kazee
i think this just about answers my qusetions about terra theme parks - i detest circuses and the baby tiger cub thing, and the other sad animals has made my mind up... we won't visit
Has anybody any comments on their visit to the park. I will be staying at the Ocas/Pelicanos, how do I get to the park from here?
Best bet is a taxi. It will probably cost about 13/15 eoros but is much quicker than the bus.
We found it really good although don't excpect the same quality of zoo as we have in Britain. They have some good entertainment on around the different ares of the park. We found the flying men on the pole brilliant.
There is an aqua park which you can either pay at the entrance or when you get there which is good but you have to pay extra for the sun loungers which I thought was a rip off.
It's a good day out.

Cazz.
Bus 21 from Avda Mediterraneo and from Centro

Bus 22 from Dove Park (Old Town)

Takes about 15 minutes.

As previous poster mentioned taxi is a good option. I paid 12 euros back to the Calypso from TN.
Hi has any one been recently, I been trying to read up on the web site but the english version seems to be down at the moment. Are they still doing the A/I ticket this year, and what are the prices this year. I was thinking about going with my daughter while her dad and brother do the bike ride so i suppose the bus would be the best option to get us there, does it drop you right outside. Any info appreciated.Thanks
The bus drops you off outside, but going back across the road. I would really suggest you waut for a taxi, we got the bus back and it was horrendous, the driver trys and gets as many people on as he can, I think cattle get transported better. Okay it is only a euro, but from Natura to the pelicanos, it took us an hour to get back and we stood for 40 minutes of that.

When we paid in, we took the meal option where you get a voucher each to use for food and drink, the aqua park was free admission but i think thats coz it was only early may, really sorry but I can't remember how much it cost. You do have to pay for the sunloungers though.
We went in early May when the park had only just opened and quite a lot of it was shut including many of the eating places and the aquapark. I think we paid 22 euros each if memory serves me correctly. We picked up "discount vouchers" from the PR people in the old town but the vouchers just for 4 Euros each...to be used to purchase food in the park, not actually off the admission charge....i'm not sure if other vouchers give money off admission or not. When we went it was really very quite indeed, infact it would have been almost deserted if not for a couple of school parties. We used the bus, and again this was also quiet because of the time of year.

Just back from Beni on Saturday.After seeing a number of adverts for Terra Natura I decided to pay it a visit.The park is easy to get to on the local bus and the entry fee is 22euro you can pick up a voucher in the shops and bars in Beni allowing you 5 euro to spend at the shops,or cafes in the park.Although you are provided with a map you will need sat nav to find you way around.I cannot find any fault with the way the animals are kept and viewed. However in the themed areas the shows were not taking place nor were the cafes or themed shops opened (with the exception of India). The main feature in all the adverts was the zip line this was also closed. On talking to a number of visitors on the bus back this was the main gripe. I have this been to this type of park in the USA and this does not compere in any way. It is such a pity as this park could really be something if only they would work at it, and not take the punters for granted.
I agree that this park is certainly worth a visit, and i would go again, however i wonder why so many of the cafes/food outlets, shops and attractions, seem to be closed on a regular basis. We went early May so perhaps this was understandable, although frustrating. But surely theres no reason why this should be so right in the main school holidays season. I wonder if others have been recently and found so much closed in the park, i would certainly like to hear of others experiences. I'm going to Beni again on 30th August and might consider another visit to Terra Natura then if i get a cloudy day.

Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.