General Holiday Enquiries, Hints and Tips

General Holiday Enquiries? Got General Hints & Tips? Post Them Here.
I don't know the answers but if it's no then why not just get extra cards for one account and all family members use that! As long as the rewards are for all of you obviously! :)
You could always ring customer services and ask? I've always found them to be really helpful.. Denny
when you redeem your clubcard vouchers you get sent "clubcard deal tokens" which you use to get a discount off your booking, i know that they have your surname on the the tokens and you have to have the same name on each token to get a discounted booking, but im not sure if they also have your clubcard number on them , so if the tokens showed different numbers the tour operator might not accept all the tokens towards a discount .
i think the tokens only have your surname and a serial number.

If all your clubcard vouchers and accounts are in the same surname then swap them for deal tokens and you should be able to pool them to claim a discount, each cardholder will have to claim their own deal tokens.
for a holiday,so long as the person named (surname) on the voucher is going on the holiday ,it is fine :)
each person has to convert their own deals though ,on their own account / email address

some deals however are unnamed,eg days out / restaurant :)
:) I've booked 3 nights away B&B in a De vere hotel over the new Year period. I had enough clubcard vouchers to fund two nights and had a special offer of £55 per room B&B for New Year's day (night) A bargain for the time of year ;)
;) Well done Shirley!

I changed my vouchers over just as they were changing from x4 to x3...and I got £1,300!

I did 3 nights in Edinburgh for 2 people.....just come back from 3 nights New Forest....bit later we've got 3 nights in Valencia...and next year 3 nights in Peak District. :rofl
I did 3 nights in Edinburgh for 2 people.....just come back from 3 nights New Forest....bit later we've got 3 nights in Valencia...and next year 3 nights in Peak District.

Brilliant BB. Where are you staying in Valencia? The only hotel group that I can see offer accomodation abroad (funded by the vouchers) is Barcelo.
;) yes - it's between the beach area and the old town..easy walking distance or a bus stops right outside.
We've had a couple of holidays in this country using the clubcard vouchers, but they've always been in either hubby or my names.
Hi all....I get tesco clubcard points...they save them up and I get them at christmas...last time there was a double offer for electricals....so I swopped £20 worth and got a £40 microwave...was well pleased...but I didnt know it was worth it to use them as payment towards a holiday....I have always thought there would be a catch or conditions.....or you would have to use thier own travel agency ect...or the holiday would be higher in price or no other deal on it so it would be cheaper to book it else where and just use your points of your grocery bill....

I want to take family to pefkos on rhodes next july.....can anyone give me any idea of how I could use my clubcard points to get a good deal.....tweetie
This is the holidays http://www.tesco.com/clubcard/deals/search.aspx?Ntt=holidays&VSI=17&Ntk=primary&Nty=1&Ntx=mode%2Bmatchall&Nr=NOT%28P_Product_TypeID%3A5%29 ...I've not had time today to read through it but I believe they now have a '£500 pp TOWARDS' the holidays now.

Before the change from x 4 to x3 I DO know of someone who used their vouchers for 2 weeks (think it was 2 weeks) in Goa, India though Thompsons for two people. They only had to put £100 towards what was then a holiday priced in the £1,400 bracket.
We've just used £40 worth of vouchers to pay for our eurotunnel crossing for next July. The crossing cost £119 return.
TWEETIE PIE wrote:
Hi all....I get tesco clubcard points...they save them up and I get them at christmas...last time there was a double offer for electricals....so I swopped £20 worth and got a £40 microwave...was well pleased...but I didnt know it was worth it to use them as payment towards a holiday....I have always thought there would be a catch or conditions.....or you would have to use thier own travel agency ect...or the holiday would be higher in price or no other deal on it so it would be cheaper to book it else where and just use your points of your grocery bill....

I want to take family to pefkos on rhodes next july.....can anyone give me any idea of how I could use my clubcard points to get a good deal.....tweetie

You have to go on the Tesco website and look for their deals, The site will tell you which companies they deal with and what offers they have. Many now have an upper limit on how many vouchers you can redeem per person. They don't seem to have the really good deals anymore. We had a Villa for 2 weeks in Tuscany one year and a week in Chicago the next with our vouchers. But now there are a lot of catches such as a £300 per person limit or that you can only redeem vouchers against the full brochure price.

They also do things like weekend city breaks and theatre tickets etc.
Betty Boop
I`ve never known Thompsons accepting vouchers and we`ve been using them for a while.
Think you'll find you COULD but maybe not now http://www.ukfrenzy.co.uk/directory-t.htm or maybe it was Thomas COOK...whatever...you only have to go onto the Tesco Clubcard site to find travel companies who are taking part. :duh
Pretty sure you couldn`t so have e mailed Tesco, will let you know
I stand corrected - I'll stand in the corner for 10 minutes ok? but I knew I'd seen THOMSON HOLIDAYS mentioned against Tesco Club Points before....but on their 'staff' site....

Quote from http://www.thomascook-tescostaff.com/faqs/

What discounts am I entitled to through the Tesco Staff Travel Agent?
You will get 10% off Thomas Cook, Sunset and Airtours holidays, 8% off all other Thomas Cook operators including Neilson, Club 18-30, Thomas Cook Signature and Cresta, and 6% off with 100's of other approved tour operators including Virgin Holidays, P&O, Haven, Thomson, First choice and Superbreak.

You can only use them now (please correct me if I'm wrong yet again - sorry I am but human!) on Virgin and Cosmos Holidays.

Maybe you could have put your time to helping the ORIGINAL question rather than trying to prove me wrong...but :que

Ewansheep - if you check out my link below it will take you to the Tesco Clubcard site and from there you can check exactly the holiday companies, Europe and Worldwide that you can use you vouchers against plus the amount per person you can use against original prices.

http://www.tesco.com/clubcard/deals/browse.aspx?N=4294967232+4294967217
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.