Thailand Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Thailand.
Hi trigger1,
As you have 4 weeks you have plenty of time to do a multi-centre visit. Bangkok of course is a must. I'd recommend heading to Northern Thailand - Chaing-Mai, Chaing-Rai, Golden Triangle area. Here you could indulge in a few soft adventures, trekking, elephant riding, visiting hill tribes etc. Then hit the beaches, Jan is one of the best times to visit areas like Phuket and Krabi - you even have time to do multi-centres with your beaches you could do Koh Samui and Phuket/Krabi.

There is plenty of choice with flights to Thailand...airlines such as EVA, Thai, Qantas, BA have direct flights. Or you could opt to fly indirect on the likes of Qatar, Emirates, China Airlines (actually Taiwanese) among others.

Flying internally can be the quickest way to get around Thailand. Thai Air have a substantial internal network. BangkokAir control the flights in and out of Koh Samui. There are also low cost carriers in the region such as Air Asia. As you have more time you could also consider coach or train.

What kind of budget are you on as this will give people a better idea of what types of acommodation to give advice on.
Thankyou Sunbear first of all for replying,the budget i am looking at would be as cheap as possible really if i get a return flight to bangkok for about £400 then i would have about £1400 for spending money,i have heard it is not that expensive out there and i am not looking for the 5 star hotels,i am a bit of a beachbum so a little sightseeing to break it up would be good and the trecks sound excellent with the elephants.the place looks amazing thats the problem everything looks so good i dont have a clue where to go. :?
Sounds like Koh Samui, or some its outlying islands might suit you,Koh Phang Nan(sp?) has the famed full moon parties, or maybe Krabi further south on the Andaman sea. Phuket has developed more along the lines of an international resort. Have a look at some of the Asian internet booking sites such as asiatravel.com or sawasdee.com just to get a feel for some prices and a description of some of the destinations. I think with your budget you won't need to slum it - although January is going to be high season price wise.
thanks sunbear that asia travel was a good tip and i see what you mean about the prices in january.i am a lot further forward now thanks again.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.