Greece - Rhodes Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Rhodes.
I think you're staying at Atlantica Princess? If so it can be quite bad around there, my Dad got eaten alive! Seems they like the taste of some more than others though because i lived nearby and had no problem at all. If you normally suffer i'd say take plenty of repellent just in case.
fortunatley i seem to be ok, the wife & kids are a different story though
Never even noticed any the last couple of years in July. Usually if they're about I get bitten but not one bite!
We were at Atlantica Princess mid June last year. Wife had two bites which isn't bad for her. We did invest in one of those plug in jobs - kept it going in our room as much as possible. It was noticable the number of dead mozzies you could find so the moral is: prevention is better than cure
We were just up the road at the Ixian Grand last August, and had no trouble at all - and my wife is a walking buffet for mossies usually :lol:
hi all
can anyone tell me wot the atlantica princess hotel is like please
any info on food,hotel,beach,facilites etc would be very helpfull
where going july with 3 children
many thanks
Jen and phillmoss... welcome to HT please do not wander off the topic being discussed, if you use the search facility you will find previous Q&A on this property also if you look in the hotel review forum you will find the members reviews http://www.holidaytruths.co.uk/reviews/greece/rhodes/ixia/atlantica-princess-aparthotel/

wizard
Hi gazzy2k, I don't know when you are going but if it is of any help, we have been advised to take Vitamin B1 Thiamin and Garlic tablets, one month before departure. This is to protect against the little blighters !!!!

Les
And Marmite, of course, applied internally.
Drink as much Ouzo as you can. The only ones that bite you are alcoholics, and if they do bite, you just don't care.

Spray up well in the evenings, - no problem.
Best tip I ever had for repelling mozzies was the Guinness and Garlic diet.
Mind you, you soon know who your friens are. :lol:
Have a great solution for mozzies - Vitamin B complex - get the strong ones and not the one a day. Take one in morning and one around 6. We have been to lots of places where they are really bad and it works. There is a smell - that only the mozzies can smell that comes out your pores and they don't like it so they leave you alone
Are there mozzies about in September?

Thinking ahead to 2008 :)
Just arrived back from Lindos, Mozzies are out in force!! make sure you take plug in's and strong insect repellant!!
we went to Kos on the 2nd may..wont be any mozzies said I too early,so i never took my garlic tabs for the 2 weeks prior to departure, You guessed they were out and i got bitten for the first time ever...
last year in zante another guest in our apartments discovered some spiral-like burning objects a little bit like incense sticks but round, you placed them on a hard surface such as a plate and lit the end, it then burned all the way round giving off a smoky smell which apparently is the equivelant of us smelling rotting rubbish for the mozzies, only is not unpleasant for us peeps. they realy worked when we brought some back to our apartment that night but the next morning in the bathroom it looked like the local mozzie community had lost about 3000 members and a mass grave had formed in the sink...lovely
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.