Spain - Costa Blanca Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Costa Blanca.
The ideal family hotel - is there such a place?

That sounds like the Flamingo Oasis

All Inclusive 10 miniuts to the beach

Good food lots of choice very english taste.

Loads of kids about easiley make freinds

Just come back from there Fantastic!
Thanks Danny H,
I did read the reviews and yes, it sounds like it could be the one - except I believe there is a morning rush for a sunbed? I guess this is one thing I might just have to put up with! Maybe better going to the beach? Is the beach clean - I hate beaches with lots of cigarette butts etc? Thanks.
The beaches in Benidorm are spotless and are cleaned every night.

Have a look at Sanji's video in the Video Library at the top of this forum.

luci :wave
Hi there,
Yeah I belive that there is a rush for the sun beds in the summer months, im going in August with my brother and my nan. My brother always gets the sunbeds early in the morning, :rofl hes a good boy :D
How close is the Flamingo Oasis to the beach - if close enough then I wont worry about the pool carry on each morning! Sorry, one more question - how long is the journey from the airport - I have the Tasmanian Devil for a son (aged 4) and need to think of everything!
I agree with Danny. The Flamingo Oasis hotel is ideal for children. The animation team are brilliant with the children and provide lots of competitions for them during the day and a mini disco and games at 8.30 p.m. The bedrooms are big and the food is very good. We returned from this hotel yesterday and saw lots of families with children checking in when we were leaving.
It would be a 10-15 mins walk from the Flamingo Oasis to the beach at Levante.

luci :wave
The transfer should be around 1-1.5 hours depending on traffic for a pivate transfer. Tour operators can very depending on the amount of hotel drop offs, I must admit I hate using the tour opperators as I have once with Airtours/Direct holidays been on the coach waiting 45 mins at the airport then over 2 hours to get to our hotel as we went from La Cala then to the far end of Levente and then we had to get a taxi from the market area to our hotel in the old town. Not very pleasant and we were traveling with our son age 3 who was very lively. Luckily he was asleep at the time. Other times when we have travelled with Thomson/Portland we have had a 1.5 hour journey as they seemed to have dropped off all in on area.I don`t want to worry you but if you can`t stand the possibility of a long transfer book a private one, or ask the rep when you get to the airport how many drop offs before you, you could always go for a taxi if too many (around 60 euros one way). Return transfers never seem as bad, for some reason the Tour opperators seem to get there act together.
Thanks for all your help guys - it does sound fairly ideal - I'm now going to trawl the internet to see whats the best deal I can get! ;)
Whenever we've used a Private Transfer its never taken us longer than 45 mins. A bit longer than this with Shared Transfer, bus still quicker than Tour Operators Coach.

Best REgards - Taggy
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.