Egypt Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Egypt.
I think all these "points" have been aired previously in some depth . It seems unlikely that any consensus of opinion will be reached as to whether topless sunbathing is acceptable in a Muslim country but I don't really think this is the issue ........ I'm with Charlie on this one.( see Gran Canaria )

Apple
Sometimes wonder whether those who go topless in a Muslim country would be comfortable standing in just a g string in their garden (British weather permitting!) chatting to their neighbour over the garden fence. If yes, then fine -if not why is it more acceptable in a foreign country?
Yes, there will never be a consensus. There will always be those of us who think it selfish to go topless regardless of others' sensibilities and those who feel it is selfish of others to mind what they do ...
@Lardylegs

i understand i get on your nerves (like you mentioned) but i don't really see a reason for your prejudice and your twisting of my words.
i never said i was going to sunbathe topless no matter what, i said i don't have any tops for the time being, but i decided that i will buy a two piece bikini from the hotel shop if i found i needed to, but then you go claiming that i was determined on sunbathing topless totally disregarding my words, is it because i get on your nerves that you have to twist my words?
likewise i didn't say i made the waiters uncomfortable, there's a difference between a little embarrassed (my words) and uncomfortable, some of the younger waiters were just as embarrassed as the young waiters in spain were, what i felt was that they were avoiding to stare at me and this could very well be because they didn't want me to think they were peeping, in the end they all welcomed us and made us feel at home and asked us to come again, they were so helpful in guiding us to all the hotel facilities, we never felt for a moment that we were unwelcomed there!
anyways, thank you for your input, i welcome every opinion as long as you don't deliberately twist my words in order to make a ground for your attack.
@briar

why do i get the feeling that i'm being investigated here?

yes briar, i went to sharm on a short (2 nights) business trip around december, me and my co-workers stayed in one of the small hotels that are not overlooking the sea, it had a small pool with lots of german grannies that wouldn't go topless anyway, i was busy with meetings most of the day but i was watching the beautiful sunshine from inside the office and feeling sorry for myself, it rained for an hour or so and one day was a bit cloudy, but in general i felt the weather was a treat compared to any other holiday destination at this time of the year, i could be wrong though since i haven't been to all parts of the world but the feeling i got there was that i wanna go back soon, and i convinced hubby to do it in april.. some friends told us that toplessness was not a problem but i wanted to make sure so i browsed this forum and found conflicting results, then we went and i've seen for myself and thought to let others know and give an objective view on something that worries a considerable strip of holidaymakers who would be reluctant to visit this magnificent country because of a wrong impression about topless sunbathing, i was only presenting my point of view and what i believe is right, now me and husband are panning to visit GC so i posted an enquiry in the GC section, i hope this is not an offence to you or to anybody!

BTW, how do you quote here? or is it a privilege reserved for moderators alone? :wink:
BTW, how do you quote here? or is it a privilege reserved for moderators alone?

No.

You highlight the text you wish to quote, open reply box, click the quote button, copy text, click quote button again.
Holiday Truths Forum

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.