General Holiday Enquiries, Hints and Tips

General Holiday Enquiries? Got General Hints & Tips? Post Them Here.
New England in the fall, the Northern lights & Pakistan mountains have always fascinated me. Out of the list I've only been to the Holy Land.

Some stunning scenery in the photos 👍
I've visited 8 out of the 31 on the list though I snorkelled rather than did any diving on the Great barrier reef.

Namibia has always been on my bucket list and for some reason the Atacama desert in Chile has always fascinated me, I would also like to see the magnificent scenery of Patagonia.
  • Edited by Judith 2017-04-14 19:15:47
An interesting but in some ways surprising list - are the northern lights and the Artic really the only things in Europe they could think of that deserve a place on this list? It's heavily weighted towards scenary rather than cities - I would have thought that there are number of European cities that deserve a place on any bucket list - Venice and St Petersburg probably being my top two but surely everybody should see Paris before they die? And I wondered whether it was a good idea to encourage more tourism to ecologically sensitive/fragile environments such as the Galapagos and Antartica? I've walked on the Great Wall of China but I was more impressed with the Forbidden City and the Summer Palace. Why the American Great Lakes but not the Norwegian fjords or why Petra but leaving out some of the amazing archeological sities in Europe?

I'd love to know more about the reasoning behind their choices but what are the places that others would add to this list? What places are your surprised aren't on it?
I would say that visiting Ubud in Bali to watch a temple dance should be there.( the rice fields are good as well)
An emotional time for me was suddenly coming across the Trevi Fountain. I just found it breathtaking.
I wonder if the list is compiled as it is, for the Uk readers. European countries are relatively easy for Brits to get to.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.