Spain - Costa Del Sol/Gibraltar Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Costa Del Sol.
Hi bejay, where is it you are going to? If you let us know what area then we could help you with some suggestions. Linda.
Hi Linda staying at the Las Arenas in Benalmadena. Usually go Canaries but thought would have a change, cooler weather but do a lot more .Packing a mixture of clothes, jeans and long sleeves for night and jacket. Hopefully Short sleeve T shirt and cropped jeans for day
Hi Beejay, I bet you can`t wait for some sun next week, lucky you.

Your staying next to a fabulous park, Paloma Park, have a look at the video of it. We spent lots of time in here walking about.

A trip to Malaga is good hop on the train, when you get there, there`s a open top bus where you can hop on and hop all day for a set price.

Walk up through the park, keep going and you will come to Arroya Del A miel, lots of shops and bars up here. The train station is situated up her.

Theres a long promanade stretching from Benalmadena to the end of Torremolinos, should take a couple of hours at a guess to walk one way.

Catch the bus to Torremolinos, walk down San Miguel street(shopping area)then back to Benalmadena on the promanade.

Walk around the marina, we did this loads of times.

Catch the bus or train into Fuengarola.

A trip to Gibraltar.

Have a fab time
Hi Beejay, If you don't mind heights the trip up the mountain on the cable cars is a pretty good . It's certainly worth it for the fantastic views from the top, also have bird of prey displays, I presume this will still be open this time of year. Also if you go in to Fuengirola the zoo there is pretty good, agree Paloma Park is a must and it's free. Never been this time of year so let us know when you get back what the weather was like, enjoy your stay, Andy :wave
If you like shopping then try the miramar shopping mall :que .... bus drops you right outside... you can catch them on the main road through Fuerngirola ...the numbers of the buses are F1-F4 and they say on the front of the bus miramar .. the cost is 90 cent each and they run 15 minutes to the hour and 15 minutes after the hour....

We also got a bus to Bendaladena ... this is from the bus station in Fuerngirola....

You can also go to Mijas village which is very beautiful and a quaint village

Curlylocksm
Also try the short bus ride to Benalmadena Pueblo (old town) its lovely up there, very Spanish..
There are Lot's of things to see and do while your on Holiday in Benalmadena, agree Paloma park is a good place to have a stroll and take in the sights of animals running about plus look out for the parrots they have nested in the park,there is a car boot sale on a Wednesday if you like that sort of thing on the feria ground if you carry on up the hill from benal beach hotel avenida Gandhi past selwo you will see a large feria ground this is where the car boot sale is on a wednesday also a small market on a Friday, also on a Friday the large market on tivoli world car park behind the railway station in Arroyo De La Miel, selwo dolphine marina is a good attraction as well, The cable car is brilliant amazing view's in August you can go on the cable car at night there is a astronomy talk looking at the stars through a telescope, even in August it gets quite chilly on top of the mountain but well worth the view at night.
The Marina is also a must you can spend all day mooching in and out of the shop's restaurants and bars, where ever you go i hope you have a fab time :wave:
Thanks we did go and got back last week. Had a lovely week, weather was lovely went up to Arroya and caught the train to Fuengerola, then on the bus to Mijas for a lovely lunch. Also got the train to Malaga one day. Walked a lot too. Went up to Paloma Park a few times very nice The transport is so cheap compared to home. I pay £3.00 to go a couple of miles to work and back you get a lot more for your money travelling there.The Hotel was lovely, Las Arenas, very clean and the food good. The resort was very quiet at this time of year but didn't bother us at all
Glad you`ve had a good time Bejay and glad you found plenty to do. Did you like the situation of the Las Areanas ?

We go in 6 weeks and can`t wait. We`re staying at the Balmoral, which I belive is fairly close to where you stayed.

Were there any nice places to eat or have a drink close to your hotel?

Christine
If you want to see some of the real Spain, try one of the jeep safaris that take you off road into the hills. We've done it several times now and always have a great time.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.