Flight Only / Airline and Airports

Discussions relating to flight only, airlines and airports.
hi darren.
flight tcx148 cancun 10th may. where will it be arriving from?
cheers. richard.
buzzer14,

I don't have that information to hand at the moment. However, I suspect TCX148 will be operated by the aircraft operating GLA-CUN-GLA (TCX152/3) on the Monday, then it'll position to MAN for your flight.

Darren
Hi Darren,
Wifi will be disabled, not having to pay for the toilet yet???? how much more do they want to grab off passengers??? Maybe better with coin operated seat back IFE ???? Next it will be pay for hand luggage.
Questions for Darren or another flight expert again please....

TCX2468 From Manchester to Banjul - departure time is said to be 14.05 and it's said to be aircraft type "763" according to my ticket book - which I guess means a 767.
However, looking at the Flightstats site that says it's a 757 today, and in previous weeks, where the flight number looks to have been different (TCX184), it was scheduled to leave at 14.25 and was said to be a 757 each week.

Is it a 767 or a 757 please - and I'm guessing if it's a 767, then it's 29inch seat pitch and just IFE in the aisle?

Also it seems to be three hours late today according to the Manchester Airport site, saying expected departure 17.05. It seems to be late most weeks, typically 30 to 90 minutes, though today's 3 hour delay looks unusual.
Do you have any information as to why, and also - where does this plane come in from?

Sorry about so many questions, thanks in advance.
ukbill,

Flight stats don't always get the aircraft type correct, TCX do! When is it you're travelling? G-DAJC operated it last week (26th March). Delays happen for any number of reasons so it's impossable to say why. Delays are as inconvenient for the airlines as they are for passengers, and cost them money so try and minimise delays but they are inevitable. 30 - 90 minutes isn't the end of the world, try 52 hours! 3 hours is a bit of a pain although our delay in PUJ the other week of the same duration was nice since it give us time for an extra cocktail and take the oportunity to enjoy the excellent viewing facilities in PUJ. Aircraft information is on our What Aircraft? guide. The 76W's have CRT screens above the isles and also feature a forward facing external flight camera for take off and landing.

Darren
TCX2468 - Man/Banjul
Travelling next Saturday 9/4, Darren, I'm just doing my usual thing looking at flights weeks ahead trying to see whether there's a pattern to timekeeping.
(Yes, I know, I've way too much time to waste... )

Is it possible to tell where it's scheduled to come from?

PS Don't mind as much on delays coming home, it means extra holiday.
:cheers
I had a 36 hour coming back from Trivandrum a few years back and a 26 hour coming back from Costa Rica in December - both First Choice - both times they looked after everyone well.
ukbill,

It's whatever is operating with callsign MT76NG / MT49RY before your flight (TCX2312/3 ALC?).

Darren
Thanks for the promt answer Darren but I'm now more confused with these strange numbers.
Guess I'd better just wait till I go and see what happens.
cheers
Hi, we are flying out of Manchester on the 14th April TCX 3502 to Antalya.
Could you please tell me where this flight is previous to this.
Returning on the 21st April TX 3503.
Many thanks Netty :sun2
Glad you had a lovely holiday !!
netty10,

The aircraft operating MAN-AYT (TCX3502) doesn't seem to have a flight immediately before it, although the list I have might not be accurate.

Darren
Hi Darren, that doesn't surprise me as I think it's the first flight out for the "spring-summer season".
Thanks for checking anyway :)
Netty.
Hi

Anyone know if you can pay to guarentee to sit together? Or is the only way your seat your choice now?
dramaqueen,

There are two options; pre-booked seating (seats together) or Your Seat Your Choice (choose your seat). Bear in my, pre-booked seating together by definition can including seating across an isle or one behind the other. You can book it through your agent, online or by phone.

Darren
Thanks Daz

Any idea how much it is to book to sit togehter? Your seat your choice is £10 each each way. They are going to Cuba.
dramaqueen,

Everything is on Thomas Cooks website. Enter your booking reference, and prices and options are displated. Pre-booking seating together is £10 each per flight. This is required in order to select seating.

Darren
Have you go your other photo's on yet daz of a330 cabin?
Hi, I'm hoping someone knows about TC Your Seat Your Choice. When I booked my holiday I paid extra (£38 for 2ad and 2ch) for what I thought was seats together. Just been looking at my invoice and can see I have the option to log on to the website and actually select my seats. Have just done this but there appears to be a further £5 charge pp per flight? So another £40 for the 4 of us on top of the £38 I have already paid?? Please can someone clarify what exactly I have paid for already? If I don't preselect seats myself will they still guarantee we sit together?
nicJW

Did you pay for pre-booked seating or for select your seat? You have to pay for pre-booked seating together, then extra to select actual seat numbers. It can get expensive for a family.

Darren
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.