General Holiday Enquiries, Hints and Tips

General Holiday Enquiries? Got General Hints & Tips? Post Them Here.
I saw the 1% cashback voucher too and have printed it off. I'm not going on holiday (Turkey) until July but have been checking the exchange rates from time to time - sometimes even with the 1% cashback Thomas Cook are offering, you can still pay less exchanging elsewhere (The Cheque Centre and Post Office had better rates when I checked) so don't automatically assume the cashback is a "bonus". The deal you got with the TC credit card has saved you a fair bit though, hasn't it - as the saying goes "every little helps"
Up until the TC credit card terms changed on 18th April, you also earnt TC points on currency purchased at 2%, so effectively getting 3% off with the 1% online voucher. Now they have halved the points on purchases, put an annual cap on how much you can earn and excluded currency completley,
I thought about buying last week just to get the points but i still got a better rate elsewhere.
If you are getting Euros, try crown currency exchange, they always give you a better rate than anyone on the high street. I have been getting my $ from there for months now, very good.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.