Holiday Complaints

Do you have a holiday complaint? For help and advice post in here.
Hi katslondon ... just in case you haven't seen it, this is the Global Emergency Assistance page of the Thomas Cook Cash Passport website:
http://www.cashpassport.com/1/en/thomascook/Contact-us/Global-Emergency-Assistance/

Hopefully it might provide some contact details that you haven't already tried.

David :wave
Many thanks David, the situation is dire, I'm down to $40 after wasting more money on the so called 'free phone number' not free from mobiles.
But thanks, I'll go to the website!! Best wishes, Kathy
Good luck Kathy, try and update us if or when you can.

David :wave
Hi David, thanks for your help and support. I just received a call from the card centre in England, due to the efficiency and service of:
Travelex at 2911 Turtle Creek Blvd # 125, Dallas, TX
(214) 559-3564

I am so impressed that the man there went to so much trouble to call and get the centre to call me on my mobile, given that their company has no connection whatsoever to Thomas Cook or the card company and based on that alone, would recommend this company to anyone, because if they're willing to offer a non customer this type of service, then it can only get better if you are their customer.

Bless the american attitude towards good service! Kathy
Excellent service. But have you been able to access your money?!

luci :wave
Oh, yes, I was able to access my money thanks. Apparently there are particular banks whose ATM's will deliver the cash, not all ATM's or banks are compatible with this card, which is something currency card holders need to know.

Once again, many thanks, Kathy.
Apparently there are particular banks whose ATM's will deliver the cash, not all ATM's or banks are compatible with this card, which is something currency card holders need to know.

Pleased you have managed to get sorted.
Your explanation reminds me of a similar problem I had some years ago in Cyprus. The ATM would not accept Mastercard but VISA was OK. In my case the bank was open and when I went to the desk it was explained to me. Must confess I had forgotten about it. I do agree that people do need to be made aware of it. Meantime enjoy the rest of your holiday.

fwh
Glad you were able to get access to your money eventually, but it must have been stressful and worrying at the time.

luci :wave
When i go on holiday I always use the currency cards. Personally never had any real probs with them. Used them in Texas, Florida and Spain and always thought of them as very handy and have never not been able to use them at any of the ATMs or shops i went too.

Only thing that happened to me and was my own mistake was to hand to the hotel to charge for any incidentals on the room and they put a hold for funds on it. Took about 30 mins to sort but they were excellent on the phone and got the hotel to take the money they had reserved and gave me the cash in exchange.

just a flipside to this discussion
Hi katslondon. your lucky at least you got a card . I went in to their local shop to get a card and put £1000 on it only to be told that their system was down . I went back the next day and everything went well I give them half in cash and half on my mastercard. Then they told me that they would have to phone head office. Over 2 hours later I'm still there and they tell me the system is still down but they cannot refund the money. Then I find that they took £1000 out of my mastercard + £500 cash . it took another hour to convince them that I was not leaving with out a full refund. In the end they found a way to do the refund I think they just wanted me out of their store
Holiday Truths Forum
Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.