Holiday Complaints

Do you have a holiday complaint? For help and advice post in here.
I have found the ONLY way to get through on the 0844 855 0515 number is to phone at exactly 9am.... You will still have to wait while she gives you all the speil about cruises, Canada, passports and swine flu but they will answer the phone!
Good luck.
Denny
hi, try calling 0161 4984400, it's on say to to 0870, i rang and got straight through
This happened to me last year.

Luckly i booked through a home based TA with the co-op. She managed to get it for us for £15.00 each, not the amount they quoted on the internet.

They printed us new tickets out at the Thomad Cook desk at Gatwick when we got there.
i did this when i booked flights with easy jet, i rang up and the girl was so helpfull, mind i was crying and trying to explain in between sobs, she did it realy quick and didnt charge me at all.
it was an honest mistake like yours.
good luck...
Well I finally spoke to TC Airlines who say excess baggage is £35 per person per trip = £140 and that's fixed. Sent another mail to TC.com but I don't think I'll get anywhere with them, like talking to a brick wall.
I think you need to remember that the original mistake was yours, not theirs. Also, are you sure that it wouldn't have still cost you £35 per person if you had not made the mistake and selected the extra baggage allowance in the first place? The basic Thomas Cook allowance has been 15 kgs for some time now and whilst they give you the option of paying extra for an additional 5kgs at the time of booking, they do still charge for this.

SM
After reading this thread I was concerned because I needed to amend something with Thomas Cook. I must have hit lucky because when I rang them at just after 3.00pm yesterday I got straight through and was done and dusted after nine minutes.

With regards to the charges I am sure that they're much higher if you add on after you have made the original booking. I decided not to choose booked seats thinking I would just chance it at the airport after reading different information on here regarding the loading of the flight I looked at adding and instead of the original quoted £56 they now want £90 so I am not going to bother.
Thomas Cook extra 5kg luggage is £15 per person if added at the time of booking (online) so £35 does seem slightly excessive.
I think it is £15 per person return for 15k to 20k when booking online but if you want to add an extra 5k to make it 25k in total, you can't do it online, you have to ring them and it costs £70 each return, therefore an extra 5k costs £140!

Recently we paid £30 just to increase the 15k to 20k as we thought better to risk it and we were 3k over between us coming back and were charged 30 euros so although we don't like paying, we saved nearly £110 by not pre-booking.
If you book with Direct LIne holidays (part of TC) you automatically get 20k luggage allowance . tramsfers amd inflight meals.
I am going to Icmeler with Thomas Cook 3 weeks today and I have a 20kg allowance. :tup
I booked 3 weeks ago in my local branch after I found a good deal on there website.
Not wanting to book online I asked the agent if she would give me the web price ,which she did plus 20kgs.
I booked another TC holiday a few days later for next May and was allocated 15kgs,however a few days later I went back and asked to upgrade to 20kgs and only paid £15 each.
The agent rang me last week for advice on hotels in Icmeler! :rofl
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.