Flight Only / Airline and Airports

Discussions relating to flight only, airlines and airports.
Hiya Dazbo,

Thanks for that, can I just ask will it be ex first choice or Thomsons? I have looked at your seat plans but they are different , looks like one is 2 4 2 and the other is 2 3 2 is this correct?

Many Thanks

Anne
chriskim wrote:
Hi Darren,

I know it was just a sales call trying to get me to upgrade, but bearing in mind that the cause of the battery issues haven't been identified yet. Its a bold statement from Thomson that the Dreamliner will "definately" be flying intime for their May schedule. I didn't read anything into what they told me I was just suprised that that is what they are telling customers.
I hope it is ready in time for May but if I was in their position i'm not so sure i would be as confident.

Thanks

Chris

Just out of interest how much were they asking for premium? As this is usually the time they begin to drop in price as they wanted £490 pp for the priviledge when i booked. Looks like its gone down to £350 now possibly? Ive booked extra legroom anyway.
paradiselover,

It'll be an ex-FCA. There are no ex-TOM in long haul operation in the current winter season. The one you're on is 2-3-2 throughout. The 787-8 will be 3-3-3 in economy club.

Darren
Thanks Dazbo for your help, just keeping my fingers crossed that the Dreamliner will be in action.

Cheers,

Anne
:)
Hi Darren
We are MAN CUN MAN 16/3 back 23/3 TOM162/163 and outbound is ex first choice but the return leg is an ex Thomson aircraft according to the seat plans. Maybe relocating aircraft?
Also starting to wonder if my may Dreamliner flight will actually go ahead :(
deana,

I have TOM162/3 showing as ex-FCA but there could have been a change since I got the aircraft schedule before christmas. Even if the 787-8 isn't operational for your flights, the main reason you're going is the bit between your flights so it's not a total loss. Even though it's a state of the art aircraft, feedback from those that have been aboard suggest the experience isn't much different than current generation aircraft from a passengers perspective. The main advances are technological rather than comfort.

Darren
Hello Darren

Not sure if I`m still to early but we are MAN-PMI-MAN 10th June flight TOM 2138/9
what aircraft please?
Jeffro,

MAN-PMI-MAN (TOM2138/9) should be operated by Boeing 737-800, but I'll be able to confirm closer to the time.

Darren
Hi noooobs

There was no discount offered. The price was the same as theprice of the premium upgrade when we booked. It was either £369 or £365 per person, i can't remember exactley as I wasn't going to book the upgrade anyway and I was more interested in what they were saying about the dreamliner.

Hope this helps

Chris
Hiya,

Just selecting my seat on ex FCA Boeing 767-300/ER does anyone know if 10a 10b or 10g 10h have toilets behind them? Do they recline?

Many Thanks
paradiselover,

Seat plans with that information are on our What Aircraft? guide. Is it row 10, the last row in the premium cabin on G-OOAN that you're looking at (the V1 aircraft)? There is a toilet behind the A/B seats but not the G/H. They recline.

Darren
Darren,

I don't know what version it is but it's Man-Cancun TOM 108. It's not a premium seat we only have standard seats. I think 10g and 10h would be better then if the toilets are on the other side is that correct?

Cheers

Anne
paradiselover,

In that case, you're on a V2 aircraft. It makes no difference which you go for as there is a toilet on either side at the front. On the V1, it's only on the A/B side at the front.

Darren
Darren,

In that case I will go for 9g and 9h they are the only others available. I have sat backing onto the toilets before and it was very noisy. I am picking 14a and 14b on the dreamliner. Thanks for your help,

Cheers

Anne
paradiselover,

Seating is always personal preference. What you may or may not like may be different than others opinions. It's always best to make you own mind up when it comes to choosing seats for that reason.

Darren
Thank you Darren,

I do appreciate it's personal preference, but your knowledge is invaluable when making this decision,

Cheers

Anne
paradiselover - row 9 is Premium seating on long haul 767???
brewerdave,

I have just booked 9h and 9g and we only have standard seats! Maybe that's on the version 1 of the 767

Cheers

Anne
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.