Flight Only / Airline and Airports

Discussions relating to flight only, airlines and airports.
Very dissapointed with premium on our Thomson holiday we returned from yesterday.We flew to Puerto Plata on 3rd Jan on flight TOM 070,on arrival we (2 couples) expected our luggage to be some of the first thru...Ours were in the last 10 or so cases!! On our return to Gatwick (18th Jan) again we thought our cases would be first off....Wrong again! The first batch of cases came thru,then nothing....about an hour later more cases started to filter thru and again ours were practically last. Not impressed...So much for priority luggage offload. Have since been told that our luggage should have had priority labels attached at the check in desks,this did not happen in or outwards.
millemeg

priority baggage ended w11 season so its no longer sold as a perk for premium service.
We have flown PE twice with Thomson (Aruba and Mexico) and our luggage has never been offloaded first either outbound or inbound.
milliemeg,

I've yet to see priority luggage that premium passengers were supposed to get get off loaded first. I've sometimes got mine way before some of hte premium passengers and sometimes way after. They just go on with everone elses it seems.

Darren
Forget the priority luggage - on the last couple of times we have flown Premium we haven't even been given priority boarding on the return leg!! :que
Cancun last year we were stood with 6 others all Premium passengers ours were the last batch.
I totally agree.....every time we have flown premium our luggage has been in the last dozen cases coming through......did hit lucky one year when we went to Tenerife (not premium) arrived at carousel and our cases were in the first 10 to come out :D .....only problem being we still had to wait over an hour for the rest of our coach :(
Priority luggage hasn't been part of the premium package for a number of years. Gone are the days when you got a luggage tag designating priority offloading.
Do Thomson's still give out landing card's for Sharm El Sheikh?
qatarman,

If they are required, yes.

Darren
Thanks for all of your replies,I will know for next time....If i go premium again,not convinced it is worth the extra £££s.
When flying Virgin Premium Economy we have not had either priority disembark or luggage i have even in Manchester had my case nearly last when arriving Business Class on Qatar Airways.
Thomsons first 787 painted with nowhere to go...yet.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/microvolt/8406250151/in/photostream/lightbox/

Fingers crossed they can sort the problems as I am booked to hopefully travel on one of these in May.
Me too patch - still not panicking yet - just!
Great picture by the way
Me three... On 23rd, Hope they get it sorted
There is some talk that it might take a year to solve the Nightmareliner problems. I hope it is not true but you never know, it must be 3 years late now.
I think if I was brave enough to fly on this plane I would pop a fire extinguisher in my hand luggage and perhaps a parachute, just in case.
What a mammoth cock up Boeing have made, but at least with the planes being plastic they won't rust while they are parked.

Darren, keep calm I'm joking.
Hi Qman,

Did you hear this through the media?

Regards,
Pat
Darren - feel free to move this into the Dreamliner topic if you feel it's better there.

Pat, nobody knows for sure. The latest news filtering through is that the problem wasn't caused by overcharging so that effectively rules out the software that controls that part of it. It is looking more likely that the batteries themselves have been causing the faults, or rather a chemical build up in individual cells within the batteries. It's also not just the case where they can find a fault in one type of battery and just change it for another - the weights and dimensions just wouldn't fit into the slot like you would by changing a normal low capacity zinc AA battery for an alkaline one.

Boeing and Yuasa (the company that make the batteries) are working flat out for a safe fix. It's not easy and added to that they have the world press looking over their shoulder, waiting for either of them to make a mistake that would make a good juicy headline.

The Thomson planes are still being manufactured and being ground tested. Once the fix is found (and it will be) the priority will be to get the planes already delivered to customers back in the air. Following that will come the fully assembled planes awaiting flight testing - two of which are bound for Thomson. The delay isn't badly affecting the Thomson ones yet, but each day that passes with no answer will have more effect down the line.

Thomson themselves are totally helpless in this situation, and are probably a lot more worried about the possible implications than we are.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.