Holiday Complaints

Do you have a holiday complaint? For help and advice post in here.
I used to work travel out to Mombassa for business and used the ferry quite a few times. I have to say the first couple of times using the ferry in the day time felt intimidating! I was however told by several Kenyans not to consider using the ferry after dark - mainly because of the area to drive through before boarding it.

I would personally take Thomson's advise and travel down to the south the following day. I really don't think Thomson's are being difficult, simply using their local knowledge and taking responsibility to try to ensure your safety.
Yes must admit that I felt a little intimidated first time 4 years ago also in daylight just frustrating as this has been booked for 9 months and the flight times have not changed during this time...I was always due to arrive at 11pm into Mombasa. Oh well, think have settled on a compromise anyway as they have agreed that I can take the 2nd leg of the flight into Mombasa and they'll put us up in Whitesands and transfer at 9am the following day to Pinewood,Diani Beach. Am leaving Airmiles to argue with Thomsons about the additional charges for staying at Whitesands - I have already paid for this night at Pinewood plus an upgrade for all inclusive plus an upgrade for a suite so I'm not paying again. They seem pretty confident that Thomsons will go for this. Thanks for your input. :lol:
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.