Holiday Complaints

Do you have a holiday complaint? For help and advice post in here.
Tiny Room
37 Posts
How awful. Hope you get sorted.
Let your wallet do the talking and avoid airtours in the future.
Hi i agree that the room looks small, but photos can be deceiving.
I personally cannot see what is wrong with the beds.
Unless they are all in the one room i don't think you will get very far.
Best of luck anyway.
hi kmba, did you not see the really dodgy campbed at the bottom of the main bed then. thats waht it looke like to me :shock:
laudan
I hope your complaint against Airtours goes OK.

They deserve to pay you decent compensation for even considering putting their customers in such a dodgy campbed.

Good luck

Polly
Unless they are all in the one room i don't think you will get very far.

We were all in one room, a twin room with 2 camp beds. My complaint is they advertise half board rooms and other rooms which are suitable for 4 adults. You are charged a supplement for the bigger room then given ths same as everyone else.

I personally cannot see what is wrong with the beds.

Each to their own. I personally think the bed shown in the second picture with three pieces of foam tied together to make a matteress is not acceptable. If this is what you think is acceptable for 4* thats up to you.
Hi i have looked at your photos and cannot see any camp bed or any foam tied with string to make a bed.
I can also see a picture of two sofas which i take is a fold down bed.

If you haven't got any better pictures than that that actually show the foam and string i don't think you will get anywhere.

I have had loads of holidays and never had a bad one yet.
Maybe you should do more research before you book.

Good luck anyway.
I think you Will need it.
Have read a lot of reviews and cannot see anyone ese compaining about the size of rooms or beds.
But it says rooms are imited on size as you can see beow

IN OUR OPINION This modern, themed complex is ideal for families and those wishing to enjoy excellent activities and a lively entertainment programme in a friendly, scenic environment.

POSITION The nearest beach is only 500m from the hotel, and the resort centre of Salou is 3km away and can be easily reached by local train, bus and taxi.

FACILITIES Two outdoor swimming pools, indoor heated swimming pool, sun loungers, snack bar, gardens, three bars, restaurant, lounge, 24-hour reception with money exchange facilities, mini-market, Celtic pub, health club with Jacuzzi, sauna, gym, Turkish bath, air conditioned throughout, hairdresser.

ENTERTAINMENT Full time daily entertainment programme, full evening entertainment programme, professional shows three times a week.

FAMILIES AND CHILDREN Children's pool, hotel run kids-club with lots of activities and mini disco, children's buffet, playground.

ACCOMMODATION Half Board. Hotel rooms have twin beds, satellite TV, safety deposit box, private bath and wc, and balcony or terrace. Extra beds are available but space within the room is limited.
laudan
In my experience,I personally would expect that quality of bed in a 2 star accommodation,certainly not 4 star. I hope you have some success in gaining some form of compensation.
im wondering if kmba has got the right pictures because i can certainly see a camp bed and 3 bits of foam for a mattress..i wouldnt let my 5 year old grand daughter sleep on that!!
Hi i have been looking at different pics and i must agree it ooks cramped.
It looks like a room for two, that they have crammed 4 beds into. What a disgrace. There is no way that is a proper family room for 4, you can barely walk between the bottom of the twin beds and where they have placed the 'so called' camp bed. Good luck with your complaint.
Thanks for all your comments and good advice, I am going to send my complaint letter and evidence off at the weekend and will let you know how it goes.

kmba
Like most people I save all year for my holidays and I spend lots of time researching the destinations and hotels before I book.
Quote:
ACCOMMODATION Half Board. Hotel rooms have twin beds, satellite TV, safety deposit box, private bath and wc, and balcony or terrace. Extra beds are available but space within the room is limited.

I don't know where you got your quote from but I booked from the airtours brochure and web site and I cant find that quote on either. If it is there please let me know as I am not too big to admit I'm wrong.
Hi i found that description in a panorama brochure
I'd go berserk if that was my room with 4 beds and no room to walk... you'd need wings to get around. That's not my idea of a 4* family holiday. There isn't enough room to wade between the beds (I'd be completely frustrated by that) I can't imagine what it would be like with 2 kids as well.
This happened to us years ago in Majorca when we were shoved in the tiniest room with miniature furniture to give the illusion that the room was bigger. Two tiny slat beds that looked like they came out of a monastery or prison and a wooden chair, plus lots more I won't go on... it was a disgrace. All the hotel guests were complaining and the rep was in tears. Eventually, we were moved to the main hotel (was bunged in an annex 5 streets away) But it had paper thin walls and was built on an ants nest.
We did complain after we returned home but got nowhere because we live in Australia. People who we'd kept contact with got back 40%... they deserved more because they had been placed in the old plant room on the roof.
Good luck with your claim because it's just not good enough.
Cheers Gerry
I've had something similar in Europe before. Kefalonia where all four beds were in a row. We could walk to the balcony but the beds were touching so it was a like a four berth bed! Having said that the beds were serviceable.

Its why I don't stay in one hotel room anymore. The rooms are generally just are not made big enough and travel companies still insist on selling them as such.

They are usually obvious as they don't charge anywhere near as much as they do for a proper four berth family room. The 84 pound would have alerted me to it. I'd expect to pay far more than that for the childrens accommodation.

For me now its independant self catering or the USA every time.
Original letter posted to Airtours 18.08.06. No acknoledgement letter received.
5 phone calls, loads of false promises. (phone bill shows 2 calls on over 30 minutes, most of time on Q)
1 email, no reply.

Finally over 2 months later I have recieved my first correspondence from Airtours.

Sorry blah blah blah, your invoice states a twin room, hotel does not do family rooms, we cannot explain why you were charged for a family room supplement but you can have the supplement back. Cheque enclosed.
Checked invoice right at top it does say twin 3 + 1 but in the cost break down is states family room supplement.
So its took them over 2 months to give me back my money whcih they wrongly took off me when I paid my deposit in July 05. No mention of the un safe bed. No wonder people give up
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.