Eastern Europe Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Eastern Europe
Hi,

I lived in Zagreb, Croaita for a year, it's a great place, I just used by bank card in the machines over there. Probably wise to check with your bank first.

Try to get a boat trip aroubd the islands while you're there, also do a bit of checking up on places to go, some prices are hiked up for tourists.
Hi

A walk around the walls is a must - but do it first thing in the morning before it gets too hot (and the cruise boats come in). Can recomend the Nautica, just outside the city walls, not cheap, but excellent. Take a boat trip to a little island not far from the city - only takes about ten minutes, but well worth it....

have fun

kev
We've been to Cavtat near Dubrovnik for the last two years.we didn't use travellers cheques.We took enough Kuna to last a couple of days and then used cash machines.If you are going to do this,let your bank know before you go.First time we didn't and HSBC put a block on the wife's card.Reassuring,but a pain.
Thanks for all replies, very useful. Nervous about using bank card because of charges. Has anyone used travellers cheques in Dubrovnik and if so how easy is it to find somewhere to exchange them?

Nautica restaurant looks good but how expensive is it?
We used Nationwide cards and they didn't charge.What charges there was were small.We found it easier to manage our spending money and we wern't left with a lot of Kuna.You just have to weigh up the bank charges against the commission on exchanging cheques.Whatever you choose,have a great time,i can't wait to go back.
Keep looking at weather for Croatia (Dubrovnik)- very wet!! :cry is this usual for this time of year?

Thanks again for help everyone.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.