America/Canada Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in America and Canada
We have been along to this twice now. In September last year we went along to Universal Studios at about 6ish (if i remember correctly!) and queued up outside the Blue Man Group building (Between Hard Rock Cafe and Universal Studios) - we stood in the stand-by queue and hoped for the best. On that specific night, we must've got lucky because they took us in and stamped our hands as VIPS (Along with the wrestler's friends and families) and we got in straight away without any queing. Had great seats (I didnt want to stand next to the ring, but we did have the option) and it was fun to watch ourselves on TV when we got back!

This year (September again) we done the same thing but wernt so lucky. TNA seems to be more popular now than last year! We got taken through but had to queue with all the people inside Universal Studios itself. The queue was VERY long but we all fitted in and still got good seats. (Plus it meant we got in for free along with the people who had paid - so cant complain!)

Both times we did not purchase Universal Studios tickets. I would say, if you want to guarantee being at the front of the queue, go to Universal Studios for the day and just hop into the queue when it starts. If you dont want to fork out for Universal tickets (We've done it all before so wernt too fussed) then just go along to the stand-by queue outside Universal. Im not sure if it ever gets so busy that the stand-by queue dont get in, but then ive only ever been twice!

Overall i enjoyed both times (And im not a big wrestling fan - i just put up with it for OH!) and i'd definitely do it again. Cant complain - it is free entertainment afterall!!

Hope you enjoy it!

GG x
Thanks for that gg, cant stand it but my sons love it, so will queue with them :duh
Phew, i didnt want to admit it, but it drives me mad aswell! Its not too bad though - only 2 hours :) If you are not staying for the whole 2 hours, they encourage you to sit at the side (Not in view of the tv cameras) so if you leave it wont make any difference to the crowd on telly.

When you are in there you are free to wander though, even when they are filming. Just take some cash with you though - one small hot dog cost me $5!

Tell your sons to wear something bright and then they will stand out on telly ;)
Just spoke to my OH (I was at work earlier!) and he agrees - if you want to guarantee a place then go to Universal for the day and get in that way. Apparently the stand-by queue outside can sometimes be turned away on busy nights :que
Just looked at this and it is in Orlando Monday 10th November so might give it a go as well, we had been hoping to go see Tampa Bay on Subday 16th but ticket prices are unbelievable :yikes so this looks like a far cheaper option ;) so may see you in the queue :tup

Graham
We dont arrive until the 16th so I think the first date we could go would be the 1st dec might see santa there :rofl
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.