Bulgaria Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Bulgaria
fake ciggs ???
13 Posts
1. You can only bring back 200 cigarettes. Bulgaria may be in the EU but it's a special case.

2. What appear to be English cigarettes in the resorts are fakes. However, a Bulgarian brand called Victory is OK. Get some advice when you are there from a smoker.

3. You get a better exchange rate in Bulgaria. Change in proper banks or hotel receptions.

We have some stickies above which will answer many of your questions, especially about money and UK Customs.

Peter
thankyou peter for your reply my friend said she ended up getting her ciggs in the airport and got as many as she wanted to and nobody said to her she could not ????
thankyou peter for your reply my friend said she ended up getting her ciggs in the airport and got as many as she wanted to and nobody said to her she could not ????

Why should they? - it's up to you to decide whether you want to risk HM Customs in the UK confiscating the lot and taking you to court where you can be fined thousands of pounds.

The legal limit from Bulgaria is 200.

Peter
Be careful buying tobacco from the street seller on the corner at SunnyBeach (as you cross over the crossing & go down towards the bars/market place by Condor Hotel) We bought 10 packets & when we got them home they were old & mouldy inside, we had to chuck them! The packets looked ok & were sealed as i checked to make sure. Be Careful
Sorry to hear about your cigs. Forums have been warning people not to buy from these street sellers. Buy cigarrettes and tobacco ONLY from supermarkets or airport.
if we buy them from the supermarket or airport will they be ok ?? or is there a chance they could be fake from there all so ?? :(
If you care to read all the posted replies on different stickies, you will come to the conclusion, the only safe place to buy English Cigarettes is the Airport. Why take the risk in buying something that is even a bigger risk to your health when you can buy (as Peter has said) perfectly good Victory Brands in different strengths. Tonyt.
I always got victory dark blue pack as they are ever bit as good as any british brand of cig . :wave:
We always buy the Victory brand. The rule is the darker colour the packet, the stronger they are. I buy Victory White, and they are the same stength as L &B. The price is on the packet, this year they are 2.75lev per packet of 20.
We always buy Paramount from Metro in Bourgas - about 19lev for 200 earlier in the year. Never had a problem bring lots back through customs. Very similar to Marlbrough in taste.
Never had a problem bring lots back through customs.

At your own risk, the limit is 200, both to take out of Bulgaria AND to import into the UK.

Peter
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.