Goa Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Goa.
Thats probably to stop them melting away :lol:
You do know there are delicate people on this forum and to much information could cause nightmares :roll:
I am considering going topless this year as I have noticed that the weight of my unfettered chest pulls the wrinkles out of my face and neck!! :wink:
I also agree with Polly and Lassigirl, mind you I can just picture the scene in Tescos with someone walking around topless especially when they get near the deep freezers!

Anyway all jokes apart I think that whatever country you are in you must respect the way they live and I dont think going topless in Goa is acceptable at the mo. There was one lady last year at the Heritage and she was the only one topless and boy did she cause a stir, never seen so many of the staff walk past her, she was also oblivious to the fact that she was the only one doing it.

Sue
Where we have stayed in the south for the past three years, I don't think we have seen anyone sunbathe topless either around the pool or on the beach.

I don't expect to see anyone like it in February when we return.
When i was in Goa April just gone, i saw a few people sunbathing topless. This was mainly around baga/calangute, and i saw a couple of people topless in candolim.

Id never go topless, mostly because id be too embarrassed.
This may seem like a daft question - but do people sunbathe topless in this country, weather permitting? I haven't been to a british beach in years and am not sure if it's a hot weather thing or an 'abroad' thing.

You can tell that I'm not one for taking my top off, partly because I don't have the nerve and partly because I wouldn't want to inflict the sight on anyone else. :yikes

There doesn't seem much point in getting an all-over tan when you have to cover it up with the winter woollies when you get home.
well, i started this thread and i m back home today after spending a week in goa. our advise is not to go topless in goa. we saw just a few european women topless, that too in hotels and lying down on their stomach. have fun like we did, hope to write a trip report if i get the time over the weekend.
Hi Ashish
hope you had a great time, I'll be looking forward to not seeing too many topless ladies when we go to Candolim for 3 weeks in February.

Polly
I agree with the comments - why can't people just respect the place and people that they are visting. I do not see the need to go topless at all and as the for thong thing - well we have seen some sights!!!! We are going back in February for 3 weeks and I hope not to see too much of this abuse of custom. 8) :D 8)
Dawn
if you're around in Candolim in February, I'll be the one with my bikini top ON and my bum covered UP! LOL

Polly
Polly,

Yes I will be in Candolim in February and in the same gear as you!!!!

Dawn x :D 8)
I always go topless on the beach, can't be doing with tan marks.
I got back yesterday and there were plenty of topless sunbathers at Fisherman's and adjoining shack's including my missus - I never noticed a lot of offence being taken by the locals.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.