UK and Ireland Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the UK and Ireland.
The hole in the wall has been expanded and now has an extensive menu...

ATB,J.
Thanks for your replies, We don't mind if it's private or in with everyone else. So far we are thinking about The orchid (it's a restaurant in a hotel, But I'll mention the The devons and see what sis in law says. We'll be back from Northern Ireland that same week so the final details will be down to sis. Torquay is lovely but anytime we spend there we visit family and don't really get out and about :( all though we have been to the sloop for a meal :yuck not the best of places (I think it was a hungry horse pub)
The Sloop. definately a "quantity not quality" sort of place :yuck , try the hare and hounds - just 400 yards further up the road towards Torquay....

ATB,J.
If your gonna go to The Hare and Hounds I would recommend that you book first to avoid disapointment :D
Lived in Torquay all my life and love it here.#
My family are so lucky to live here and will never move away..
Come to Torquay for a great Holiday.
Look at the web cam..

http://www.torbay.gov.uk/index/system/torquay-webcam.htm
Another local too :D :D
Have also lived here all my life.
torbay is a beautiful place especially when the sun is shining 8)
Hello!!

I am trying to help my boyfriend organise his stag weekend in Torquay but we are having a few problems trying to find accommodation!!

So far we have done most of our research on the internet and most hotels and B & Bs are saying on their websites that they do not accept stag parties. We have phoned up a few as well and have been told the same thing.I was wondering if anyone knew of any hotels that do take on single sex groups in Torquay, is positioned fairly central in Torquay and is cheap! I think there will be about 20 of them. They are all in their 30's and the majority of them are sensible!! :wink:

If anyone can help me with this, I would really appreciate it!! :D

Many thanks

Miss Bumble xx
Your find the little hotels will not entertain a group of 20 odd blokes for a stag night but there are a few like
http://www.rainbow-hotel.co.uk
you have to ring first to make sure there not to busy .
My missis used to works there so i do know they take them in.
Let me know how you get on or i can get a full list for you if you req
Hi ,we are hoping to go to the Torquay area for a family holiday ( kids are 6 and 9) at the beginning of July 2007 for 2 weeks. Can anyone recommend an apartment or suitable accomodation ?
We will have a car so its not too important if the location is a bit out of the way.
Many Thanks
SB
Please can someone help?

I need to find a B&B in Torquay, for this Monday, just for one night.

Can anyone recomend a decent one?
It's just for a couple.

Thank you

K
don't know a any personally, but a good website is booking.com - there's 70 hotels in Torquay there, and you get ratings and customer reviews + discounts....
Thanks Kev,

I will have a look now.

:wave:
I've stayed at Hotel Trelawney but there isn't any parking there you would have to use the leisure centre car park.
Hi Crew :wave:

How much do they charge to stay in the Leisure Centre Car Park?

I will have a look at the hotel, thanks.
I know someone who is hoping to move there soon and i might be going to visit

have a look at this site, there are some hotels on there for you

oh well sorry for some reason it says i cant put a link on???

what a weird thing
Does anyone know the website for Gleneagles, in Tourquay.
And is it the original Gleneagles the show was based on?

Thanks
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.