Spain - Costa Brava Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Costa Brava.
Tossa De Mar
8 Posts
Hi BSully, we stayed at the Neptune May last year, and Tossa is def. on my "go back to" list.
You are very close to the bus station for trips to Barcelona- in fact you will probably have to walk from there to hotel as coaches can't get to the door. (luggage transported for you)
Lovely walk up to the lighthouse (good museum there) and back through the old town.
It was very quiet when we there there in the evenings, but maybe too early in the season.
A variety of boat trips from the beach, lots of nice seafront bars and cafes, weekly market.
Didn't go ourselves, but Gerona was highly recommended for a trip. Next time!
kate
Was there in July and I never found any bars that had live music.
like most of the costa brava area, live entertainment tends to take place in the hotels. there is very little, if any, in bars.
you can , of course, go into any hotel and just pay for your drinks at the bar.
there are buses from tossa to barcelona -every hour i think - and they are quite cheap. you can also get bus to lloret, change for bus to blanes and then get train to barcelona. this is also cheap and not as much hassle as it seems.it is also a more pleasant journey.
Hi there,

Its been a while since ive been, but there are a fair few bars around, however like previous comments have said, alot of it goes of in hotels. It is a lovely resort though, great beach!!

When we went to Barcelona, we went through an organised trip, which was good value for money and a good trip. However i know there is a train rail, but do not think it goes as far as tossa, it might be worth checking out as I hear its good value?!

Hope this helps
My first post. Just got back from Malgrat on sunday. Fantastic weather at the moment. If you have a full day to spare you can catch a boat off Tossa beach that goes as far as Callella and back 4 or 5 times a day stopping at Lloret, Blanes, Malgrat, Santa Susannah, as well as a few smaller places. We came to Tossa from Malgrat for 22 euros each. About a 90 minute trip. Spent 3 hours in Tossa then back to Malgrat. You could do the same from Tossa. It's a fantastic boat ride. Especially if you want to get sun tanned.

Try to go to Marineland near to Blanes. About 22 euros to get in. Theres a parrot show. Dolphin and sealion show. (Very intelligent birds and animals.) Also sunbathing, swimming, marine park with penguins, flamingoes. Plenty of food and drink. Well worth it but don't go if it's raining.

Lovely little narrow shopping streets in Tossa as well as the fantastic castle. Loads of places to eat.

We might just go there ourselves next year.
:cheers
hi,just got back from tossa yesterday.a very pretty little town with little winding streets and lovely mountain views.the town has ample places to eat but very few bars and definatly no flashing lights and loud banging music if that is what you like to lloret nor far away from tossa but a world apart.plenty of buses and trains that go to other resorts along the cost.there is a decent sized market on a thursday.
We was at santa susanna and you could get the tickets from the station for the train and buses to tossa, sounds a lot but it is'nt we did the trip in around 1 hour 5 mins, you get the train to blanes which is only a few mins get off and the bus is waiting for you to Lloret, you then get the bus to tossa, very easy and cheap to get there, we liked it so much we went to tossa the year after, you can also get the boat which is an hour but nice if you want a boat trip but a lot more expensive
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.