Spain - Costa Brava Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Costa Brava.
Tossa de Mar
11 Posts
I like Tossa , but its at the other end of the scale compared to Benidorm
there are not that many bars and no clubs as such, i'm not sure if most places will be open
by next week . Tossa is a lot more laid back . The weather at this time of year is also a bit hit and miss
the beach is small pebbles not sandy , the tower is great to walk around .
Remember a holiday is what you make of it , and i'm sure you will have a good time . The bus and train service to other resorts and even into Barcelona are great
Hi Lindy

My wife and I have been to Tossa every September for nearly twenty years but never this early but I would hope that most places will have opened up at easter though I would think that restruants will take varying nights off.

Tossa is a quite and safe place to visit and my advice is your party should and go explore the new towm. old town and vila vela day and night we are now in our mid sixties and have never felt uncomfortable wandering the streets.

I would strongly recomend that you visit tossacostabrave.com website run by Sarah and full of members with a love of Tossa where there are sections dealing with all aspects and recomendations for a visit.

We love Tossa and like to spend time in local bars rather than "british bars" but we enjoyed a few nights out in both so I do not like to post must go places but look out for Cafe Berlin in the back streets at rear of church (have a look at the menu and prices0 I am sure you will want to try this very popular restruant.
My favourite locals bar is Bar Joseph in a small street behind prom. at Vila Vela and of beach, in Sept full of visitors and dour catalans.

Remenber visit the above website and go EXPLORE with your freinds I am sure you will enjoy Tossa de Mar.

regards

Parsfan
Hi, Parcelona,

i have only ever visited in August and enjoyed every minute of being there, its not me thats
going soon , i was only saying what i thought , about Tossa not being anything like Benidorm .
We also enjoy eating and drinking in spanish bars . i only hope that Haggis and
party are not expecting the club and entertainment that Benidorm has , but what tossa lacks on that front it more than makes up for in beauty .
Hi again Lindy

Old Age i'm afraid. :whoops

Imagine not noticing poster was haggis.

Hi haggis I hope you enjoy.

http://www.tossacostabrava.com

regards

Parcelona
Just got back from Tossa yesterday and had a great time. Nice resort - mainly restaurants rather than bars - nice beach plus we had brilliant weather :cheers
Well we got back yesterday and what a great week we had, wasn't really looking forward to going but we had a great time Tossa was lovely,very pretty and laid back also the people were lovely, weather was amazing better than we thought it would be and most bars were open,although cafe berlin was closed, would I go back? definately, can't say anymore than that except thanks to everyone who answered my post. Gracias amigos :kiss
I'm so glad you had a good time
Haggis a couple of our friends were at the Tossa Centre when you were there. They only stayed 2 nights though but had a drink or two at the Tossa Beach - said it was like New Years Eve in there :cheers
We spent most nights in the Tossa centre as it was quieter and the quiz was there , the Tossa beach was too noisy for me and most nights was in bed by eleven anyway preferred being out all day enjoying the weather and seeing the town :grin
That's exactly what we did. Walked round the town during the day, visited the castle etc. Wonder if we passed you on our travels :lol: We did pass a few blue bands whilst wandering about. ;)
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.