Spain - Costa Brava Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Costa Brava.
tossa de mar
10 Posts
Hi hope you all have a great time!
Is it your first visit? It will be good to hear about your trip.
kate
yes. first time to tossa, but we heard good reviews by a couple in our village. we got a good deal on the net, £168 pp all inc.so we thought we would give it a go.
well where do i begin. first we will start with the hotel which is excellent. good food, plenty of choice and no one can grumble at this price. very clean hotel but not the biggest of rooms. hotel staff excellent and a special mention has to go to diana, bunny and ronny. tossa is a loverly place and we will definatly go back. now we start with bad points. which was the travel fiasco due to the volcano. ryanair were appalling. no information, no care and probably no compensation. we went for 7days and stayed for 16. we had to make our own way home so we travelled by bus. which cost us 1000 pounds. but at least we were staying in a nice place. people were coming here from other destinations and everyone said this place was better than where they stayed the first week. any questions i will glady answer.
Wow- what an expensive "cheap trip"!
Good luck with your claim, I know some travel insurance companies will pay out.
Glad you liked Tossa though- we loved it. If you go again some day, try to go for the Corpus Christi celebrations when they decorate all the little narrow streets with flower patterns and have processions and street parties. It's really charming.
kate
Hi we are going back to Tossa de Mar at the end of June it is a lovely place. While ther we would like to visit new areas away from Tossa. We were looking at Sant Feliu de Guíxols and want to know if we can get there from Tossa de Mar. We have been in the other direction to Lloret and Blanes and want to go the opposite way this year. Is there transport in that direction?

Thanks
Hi- there were some boats going the other way up the coast, but they don't start running until high summer (you might just make it!), and the timings are not geared up for people travelling from Tossa in that direction- i.e. you can travel FROM San Felieu in the morning, and TO San F late afternoon!
We didn't find any buses that went in that direction (last year), though if you went to Loret first, there were more routes. This website has some good info, though a bit hard to navigate, as the links are not very obvious.
http://www.infotossa.com/indexeng.php
Taxis or hire car are probably your best bet for exploring.
kate
Thanks for replying kate52 hopefully we will get to see some other nice areas while we are there. Will look out for the boat links to other villages. Thanks again
car hire was good value. a firm called sacar from llorett dropped a car off for us at tossa and picked it up from there as well. just left the keys at reception and told them where it was parked. easy. good english as well because the wife was from wales.
Thanks for that mikeandsarah we will probably look into hiring a car, it seems the better option.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.