Goa Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Goa.
Dont know about peak season but when I was there early this month they were up to their usual tricks with the scratch cards, so I would imagine they will definatley be around in the peak period as well Alan
They were around in november? oh no, its getting bad! :(
I have never been on holiday where you have touts lunging at you. Are these scratch cards for time share only? Are these touts all over Goa and do they pounce on you in the shacks?
No - they normally pull up at the side of you on scooters, just say ''not bothered thank you'' - no where near as bad as European resorts.
I find it best to just keep walking and never take anything from anyone on a bike. Seen them quite a few times but never really been bothered so far. Not like Spain anyway.
Hi....
last year the touts finally got on my nerves :rage ...
so i tried this ploy....it worked and was quite funny.....
when they stop on their motorbikes and offer you a "deal" of a lifetime in the form of a scratch card...do not get frustrated or mad...just look intrested...take the card off them and put it in your pocket ,telling them you dont have time to open it now...you will open it later...then walk off.
I had all of them begging me to give them the unopened card back...which i did after a while......after you have done this a few times the message will spread amongst them and you will not have anymore problems...
P.S..dont think your been hard on them and think they are only trying to earn a living...these people are not Goans...there from out of the state and are hoping to "rip" as many tourists off as possible ...have fun :rofl
Thanks noggin, ill have to try that in Jan.
They don't really seem to bother me much, except when they keep giving the cards to my son just so they know he will take the card of him as hes only a toddler :swear
oh thats naguhty of them!

I just use to say to them that i had bought a home there, that seemed to work! but i like the sound of taking the card and not opening it in front of them :tup
Another good way to confuse them is to say to them, i will definately come with you and view what ever, BUT ONLY IF I WIN NOTHING ON THE SCRATCHCARD.....(this really confuses them)..... KJF
I met one of the managers in molly's on Sunday, a right motor mouth and that's being polite, when he realised he wasn't going to flog me a time share at any price he proceeded to teach the bar boys some of the cruder Anglo Saxon language
My hubby also takes the cards off them and walks away, it totally throws them :D
im definetley goin to try that , something to look forward to :)
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.