Greece - Rhodes Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Rhodes.
Hi Not just in June I would love to know if there are any in August or where can we check
Cheers
Anne
The feast day of St. Maria is in august and is a week long celebration in Kremasti. Not sure of the actual date but I think it's early in the month. Sorry, not sure about June.
Hi Annes :D

Kremasti Festival is 15th -23rd August according to my friends so i don't know if that suits your travel dates? If so Kremasti is just a short bus/taxi journey from where you're staying in Ixia.

It's the biggest festival in the Dodecanese and there's a small fairground, stalls selling freshly BBQ souvlaki and corn on the cob, stalls selling hand made jewellery and lace, etc.

It's MAD busy and caused chaos if you lived in the village but well worth a visit.
Thanks Marcuschap
We are going from the 5 to 19 so we might get to visit. Is it on everyday or are there certain things on certain days. Like is there things on all day or just at night Or do you know how I can find out more.
You are a great help. I like to know as much as I can before I go.
Thanks again
Anne
It's on everyday throughout those dates and as i remember is day and night but more atmosphere at night.
There doesn't seem to be much info on the net other than several sites giving the dates. If it's during your holiday then i'd say definitely worth a visit. If you cross over the main road in Ixia to catch the bus going South it's about 10 mins journey, even less by taxi.
That soundsgood to me
Thanks
anne
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.