Spain - Costa Del Sol/Gibraltar Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Costa Del Sol.
greekgirl wrote:
Can anyone inform me of the best rail station to alight at from Malaga Airport to the Torremolinos/Benalmadena "border" - as near as possible to the Pez Espada Hotel. Thanks.

One of our members, Sanji, often uses the train to get to the Pez Espada, I'll send her a message to alert her to your post. :tup
Hi
The nearest train station is Montemar Alto, but its a trek downhill to the Pez Espada and you have to know where you're going - it's one of those things that once you've done it, it's easy.

There are no taxis at Montemar, so it's best to get off the train at Torremolinos station and take a taxi from there - it will cost approx. 6 euros to the Pez.

When you come out into the square from the underground station at Torre, turn right and walk past the bandstand and at the end of the plaza(square) there's a taxi rank - just a matter of walking the few yards from the station.

HTH

Sanji
:) And thanks Sanji from me - I do know the area but not the "town" parts of Torremolinos/Benalmadena so I was at a loss as to where the best place to get off the train would be.
Just to point out that we stayed last summer next to the Pez. We used the train and alighted at El Pinillo station. We walked from there with luggage and a 4 year old and it took about 15 mins.
Straightforward enough as it is all downhill. Cost was about 8 euros for 4 adults and the youngster.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.