Spain - Costa Del Sol/Gibraltar Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Costa Del Sol.
I love both Torremolinos and Benalmadena so you wont go wrong in either.

I have stayed at ElTiburon on BB, which is between both Torremolinos and Benalmadena, it is one street back from the sea front. It`s a 5 min walk to the Marina. Have a look at the reviews of El Tiburon and there`s a topic on here about it. If you want a basic, friendly hotel with a cosy bar for a early/late night drink. We stayed in Febuary a couple of years ago and couldn`t fault it.Close to the hotel is a bar called Sea Wolf, it`s a dutch bar and fairly busy most nights, meals are to die for and you are made to feel very welcome.

I don`t think you will bump into many rowdy youngster.

If your wanting things to do let me know and I can give you an idea of some things we have done at that time of year, what we have enjoyed. We are in our early 40`s

Christine
Please do not use copyright material as it can create legal problems for us.

If you find useful information on a web site place a link to it so that members can read it directly.
  • Edited by allmen HT Mod 2008-01-24 14:21:36
    Possible copyright infringement allmen
Sorry, but I think you'll find the info on the Puente Real Hotel is copyrighted .

http://www.hotelclub.net/hotel.reservations/Puente_Real_Hotel_Torremolinos.htm

Sanji :wave
Folks thanks for the help We finally went for the sol timor due to its location when we found it on google earth.
Realise its a bit old and dated but we're just looking to put our head down and the location next to the marina is perfect

Any tips for things to do and places to eat the boss likes fish so la carihuela looks like a definate port of call although I'll be looking for a big juicy steak at the marina.

Sanji - had a look at your excellent videos great work any idea where the bus stop is in relation to our hotel we will probably get the bus to fuingerola and marbella.

Christine - If you have any info would greatly appreciate it

Thanks again
Walk up to the main road from the front of your hotel and turn left. Cross over and the Fuengirola bus stop is just a few metres along. For Torremolinos Centro the local bus comes along the road that you are staying on. walk down to the Buensol Apts, the stop is opposite. this runs approx. every half hour but can be erratic. Fare is 1.10
Benalmadena marina is a must night or day it`s great.

A trip into Torremolinos, walk down San Miguel street(shopping street), you could walk back along the promanade, it`s a nice walk and plenty of bars along the way. If you like Tapas there`s quite a few place on San Miguel street and on the way back.

Arro del meil is another nice place for a walk around, if you go up to here you could then get the train into Fuengarola or Torremolinos.

Paloma Park, I love the place, it has a outside cafe at both entrances. We take our son (8) a bag of carrots for the rabbits, bread for the ducks, fish.

Fuengarola zoo, Selwo Dophin marina Benalmadena.

A trip into Malaga.

The list is endless, if your like me you will feel that you have to go back to do it all again or do the things that you didn`t have time to do.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.